- New member
- From: Singapore
- Registered: 2012-03-13
- Posts: 4
Moving from Singapore
Hi all, this may be a long shot but I plan to relocate to Iceland in the next 2 years.
I am from Singapore, obviously a non-EU country, and all that I have been reading regarding visas, employment, housing, healthcare etc are not really relatable.
The reasons I am looking to move and why particularly to Iceland are:
1) Immigrants are better treated than locals, we are like second-class citizens compared to Europeans or people from China. Weird but it has been happening for the recent years.
2) Monopolized government, needs no explanation.
3) Rise in costs of living. Possibly not as much compared to Iceland, but just an idea, decent houses here at at least USD400,000. Average cars are USD50,000.
4) Iceland is beautiful and completely different. My country is a tiny island (small dot on map) but there are 5 million people and counting. There is nothing here, everything is man-made, society is very competitive (we work at least 50 hours a week) and depressing. Many residents move to Australia.
5) Icelanders are warm, friendly, can speak English.
Okay that was really long. I think it will be nice and worthy but I am just unsure if the process will be too tough?
Anyone able to help? Any Asians in Iceland?