Baby and toddler meetups - Christchurch

Hi

I jutst moved to Christchurch last december with my 18 months old boy. I would love to meet other mums and have coffee and playdates  for the little one. So if there are any mums in Christchurch who would like to meet up please let me know. I do not know many people here so it would be really nice to make some new friends as well.

Thanks
Nxxx

Hi, I hav a child who is about the same age as yours. But I will only be moving to Christchurch next yr. has your child goes to kinder?

Hi there good luck with your move. When are you moving? My wee boy is over 2.5 yrs now...soon to be 3 in sept. I've got another wee boy who is only 3 months old. All great. Yea my older one is at kindy twice a week for just morning though and he loves it there.once he turned 3 he will start going for more as its then that  he will get his free 23 hours. Anyway good luck with everything and any questions feel free to ask.xx

Hi Neave,

Thanks for your reply. Congratulation for your 3 mths old. My girl is turning 3 in Oct. We are waiting for our resident visa approval and if everything goes well, we will be going mid next year. But we are planning for a scout trip in Nov this year. Will be staying in New Brighton. Any good recommendation for which suburb to stays when we moved there permanently?

Thanks

Hoppies

Hi hows it going? sorry haven't been in touch. Well we live in papanui which I very much like. But there are other nice suburbs as well like merivale, fendelton, cashmere halswell, St. Albans etc. I guess it all depends where you want to be and how much you willing to pay for houses. Xx

Woudn't mind meeting other fellow parents for toddler playgroups as well.  We are a couple from Canada/USA who have lived in Europe (UK, Greece) and coming to Christchurch over the next few weeks with our little daughter, who is just under 2 years old..

I've also found expatforum.com and meetup.com are good sites for organising events like this.

Any suggestions from anyone? :-)

Hi, my residence visa is approved and will likely be moving there next yr. coming nov 24-29, will be making a trip to Christchurch. If anyone is keen to meet up, we can arrange something during that time. I would love to make some friends before I move there. :)

Hoppies

Hi ladies I wouldn't mind meeting up. I love making new friends.

Hoppies - let me know where you staying and we can arrange a meet up.

Maplefeta - are you already in Christchurch? If so where about are you? Do you fancy meeting up?

Anyway just for you ladies to know that I moved to nz end of 2011 and not to mention having been through that December earthquake! Anyway I have 2 boys - 6 months and an almost 3 yr old. Will be great to catch up with ou ladies if you are keen.

N x