Air gun & personal/home security business

Am trying to get in contact with ghana police to know the laws if there are laws on air guns and airsoft guns before i do anything but i haven't gotten any reply from them yet

There is no law agains BB guns seen as I have several and brought them in a suitcase and they are no laws agains air rifles either just don't carry them in public

So i can bring them in through airport right in hard case electrick and gas full metal assult and side arms planing to run a sports center with that

You could bring the Airsoft guns through but not so sure about air rifles I will find out for you

Please check for me i will be much gratefu

I will

In ghana, the youth or teenagers are into airsoft and bb guns, so I agree with you. Ring in the airsoft and bb guns.

I think Ghana even needs a paintalling center
There is no hard fun

very true

I know quite a few people and business interests in Ghana.  Your claim of being a safe and peaceful country may be true at your house but it is an awful lie regards Ghana as a whole.   Your industry is virtually a war zone and profits are stifled due to the high gangsterism.   The people of Ghana need the right to keep and bear arms.   I am aware of the level of terror your business people live under due to the lack of the right to arms.  Your murder rate is very high relative to the USA.  It is at critically high levels and until the decent people get arms the situation will remain and near war levels.   How can someone invest in a country and bring prosperity and jobs when they may be killed and their goods taken at the levels in the country?    Don't lecture me about US Inner City Crime which is high. They too suffer with Gun Control and the horrid results of it.   I live where there is essentially little or no crime.  We are well armed and we see little problems.  Now I own guns and have never shot anyone nor would I without just cause but if you were here I would use them willingly to protect you as well.   

The bulk of the USA sees very little crime.   It is only the cities that limit guns where crime is rampant.
Out of over 3000 US Counties some 100 have virtually all of the crime.  Most of the USA never hears of crime except on TV news from some big city.   We don't tolerate it and we put an end to it quickly.   We prosper and do well with nearly 450 million guns and several Trillion rounds of ammunition.   Would you please look and see the reality in Ghana.   Gun Control is knowing what to aim at and making sure you hit the target.   NOT stopping people from having guns.  That only makes sure that bandits have the guns and decent people are destroyed.

I don't know where you get your information but perhaps it would be better for you to live here before you try and force your views on people.
There has never been a school shooting here. There is no need for children to practice survival tactics or teachers to be armed.
Policemen do not shoot unarmed people.
There has never been a mass shooting with a high powered rifle on innocent party goers.
You seem to ignore the facts that more guns leads to more shooting generally of innocent people.
We don't want more guns here, we want less.

I don't know if you are still in Ghana. I don't live far from Westlands off Legon road. We can link up and talk about airside gun since I planned on buying some here.  if you want to talk more about airsoft guns

I am soon in Ghana as a security manager for a European company. I wanted to know if it is easy to have a short weapon license (handgun), and what the procedures are.

the legislation exists but I wanted to know if you had difficulties. Thank you.

I'm interested in this!

Send me a private message I can get u a licensed gun with valid documents

This is my private mail:

Want know procedure and no want pay always pocket money in Ghana corruption is hight.

Thanks very much.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Have you set it up already, I am in need of  of the weapon for personal protection.

@Ironron
I am a  senior security officer at the university of Ghana and a BSc. Business Administration final year student at the University of Ghana Business School. I have interest in the purchasing and supplying of security related equipment and accessories as well as the importation and sales of firearms. Kindly lets discuss on that so that we can partner on that business.
I share in your view that the business is very lucrative in both the security equipment and accessories.
This is because there are several state and private security institutions and companies that we can supply and also sell directly to the security officers when they can provide their security identification.
Kindly contact me on my cellphone phone numbers*** so that we can have detailed discussion concerning the establishment of the company.
Thank you.
AGYAPONG BENJAMIN
Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should be exchanged through the private messaging system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Ppaintball is not a bad idea.... hummm... I'm interested
@Ivandro1
As fun as it sounds, besides expats nobody's and that would be far and few would do this here.
The cost of importing things here is insane. After you have all the proper license's, permits and the such your still going to have to bribe your way through the entire process. Maybe after a couple regime changes.
@sarpnana
Count me in
Reason : Please don't post contact details on the forum. Thank you

@spacecoast hey please I would want you to get me some of the BB guns, I've been wanting to buy some for the past 2 years but I don't know where to, I tried Amazon but they either don't ship to Ghana or out of stock. Kindly reach out to me on WhatsApp: ‪****** Only WhatsApp

Hello cmaryc052,

Welcome to expat.com!

@spacecoast was last active 5 years ago. It is highly unlikely that you get an answer from that member.

Also, for your own safety, you should not share your phone number on the forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Ironron Ghanaians do love guns but setting up such a business in Accra is very negative. You can have a shop in Accra but your biggest shop should be in Tarkwa or Takoradi in the western region. For more explanation you can contact me on *********or [link moderated]

Hello Maxwell,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for your message but unfortunately, Ironron has been absent from the forum since 2012.

So, he might not see your message.

Also for your own safety, you should avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Just be ware of an individual named Issaka Hamza.  Aka Zarious. As a musician he's also a teacher from tamale. He goes after older women usually. Very attractive guy. His wife's name is lipsy empress. They hide themselves as even friends so people won't know. She goes after men on her Facebook for money. They have a baby together.

I'm a Ghanaian and own a gun is forbidden.you can own a gun if only you meet the requirement of the under the Arms and Ammunition Act, 1972 (NRCD 9)

I'm a Ghanaian and most Ghanaians don't like the idea of sell a gun but if it is air gun, pepper spay, etc which doesn't include real guns then is a great idea.Since most of real want to own such things to especially protect ourselves and want to practice with it.

I did a survey on air gun and everyone that I show the  air gun to rely want to own one

@Ironron thanks Iron. My name is Dr Wisdom Amegbletor and I own an ecotourism resort. Can we explore the potential and possibility of your airgun business?

You can reach me on WhatsApp *** or ***

Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

@Ironron I have an ecotourism resort and will be happy to partner and showcase your products. We can engage on other possibilities

@hkann

thanks for your comment. its peaceful here