How's the climbing scene in Riyadh?

Just bounced into town so thought I'd get an idea if anyone on this forum goes out on missions or knows where to find out about people that do?

Bizarrotickler wrote:

Just bounced into town so thought I'd get an idea if anyone on this forum goes out on missions or knows where to find out about people that do?

OK - color me confused but I am going to bite. :)

I checked your profile out so I am assuming that you are referring to rock climbing/hiking/treking/outdoorsy stuff as the "mission".  I know there are people on here who are into these sort of things (yours truly included). 

There is also a group of expats who organize a desert excursion every weekend (I could never remember the name of the group - hash something or other.  One of the organizers is going to kill me since he is a colleague and I can never remember the name of the organization.)

Hi,
   Cheers I had heard something about the hash somewhere, I'll delve into the net, although it didn't help me find on the British Embassy mailing list for Riyadh...

Riyadhrovers is also an expat group who carries out such trip. Enroll yourself and cheers.

www.riyadhrovers.com

Good Luck !!

Riyadh rovers is not your average hash group it is a 4x4 club, you need a 4x4 (preferably one that actually goes off road and not just a toy) and ideally you need to know how to drive it, nothing moe irritating than someone with a toy and getting stuck every 10 minutes becuase "he knows what he is doing". We did a an empty quarter trip with the previous group leader 2 years ago, was great fun. Also the British embassy appears to be charging membership now. They sent me to the RGBB - it's 450 sar I believe, although after the attitude I got on the phone call from them I wont be attending any events with them. Others I have soken to about it seem uninterested, and unimpressed as well ... Still waiting for anyone with good feedback

I tried to search for rock climbing groups but couldn't find any yet. will try the links posted up.

I have met a couple of hash runners earlier but as a group they don't do rock climbing in general. Probably we should meet-up and maybe can start something new here

How about caving??  http://www.saudicaves.com/

Can anyone get me in touch with the hashers around here? I'd love to go!

Hi ,,Did you ever find anyone to go rock climbing with in Riyadh? Can women get out rock climbing? Thanks! Bethan

@ Bethan > Just to inform you that this thread is old (2012).

If you do not have any response here, please feel free to create a new thread on the Riyadh forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: