Needing Motorhome Storage

Hi.
  I am building a large motorhome and when complete, I would like to keep it on a long term basis in Slovenia so I need a secure storage facilty. It would be useful to be able to stay in the vehicle on site or nearby.  A barn on a farm would be ideal.
Phil  (Scotland)

Good to hear you are considering Slovenia - it's a beautiful place to live and central for touring many other beautiful countries....  Unfortunately, we live up a mountain.. most of our friends live up mountains also and you probably wouldn't get your motor home up to these areas as the roads are too narrow and steep and not even tarmac'd...  Good luck tho.... H

Thanks for the reply.  By the way, The motorhome was built for the Namib Desert and although large, in terms of width, it is fashioned on an ex NATO truck and is an extremely capable 4 x 4 complimented by a 10 ton winch!  It was going to be used for safari work but it's taking so long to build that I'm getting a bit old for it, hence my interest in a nearby country that has 'unsurfaced roads'.  Lovely!

I guess trucks must get up those mountains to bring in supplies and even building materials.................if so, maybe?

Philip

Hi Phil

Yes - we have a log lorry and tractors up our mountain but very few 'building suppliers'  We go down to get things piecemeal as we are still building our house.  We have found a 4x4 a necessity up here and if your motor home is as versatile as it sounds, this could be the place for you.... Times of the year make a difference also.. Hope you find somewhere - it's a lovely place to live and the Slovenes are extremely friendly H

I'm in Hungary but near the Slovenia border. I could accomodate your vehicle and you could stay in it here. Send me a PM if your interested.
Phil