Authorization to Drive some ones Car

Hey,

What document or letter is required if my friends wants to drive my personnel car...

Regards,
Zee.....

Authorization Letter aka 'Khitab Tafweed'

yeap, but wat we need to do for it

Zeesham wrote:

yeap, but wat we need to do for it

I think - similar to driving a CAR under your sponsor's name (I assumed the car is in your name?), you will provide a letter saying that you are permitting this so, and so, (attested by the COC)...and - probably, the copy of the istimara should be with him? :rolleyes:

No @Popolocroix. Let me address it in details.

The conditions:
- The car owner must be a person [Saudi/Expat doesn't matter] (not bank nor a company)
- You'll drive it WITHIN KSA.

The only thing you need is the iqama copy of the owner (Saudi Bataqa if the owner is a Saudi). The owner has to write on it in Arabic:

Mr. XYZ Nationality XYZ Iqama# XYZ is authorized to drive his car with plate # XYZ Model XYZ Make XYZ followed with the signature of the owner. No CoC required. The originals of Istamara and insurance must remain with you.

That's it.

If your conditions are different from 2 specified above. let me know and I'll guide you accordingly.

...tnx for the note TLL...

I just usually keep the istimara and insurance card of my brother's car if i'm driving it...probably, bring with me "more driver's instinct' too ;)

here's a story...
A man was driving without a license, so he was very careful in driving around the city. In one turn in his surprise, a policeman hailed him.
The man opened up his window and says - "Mr. Policeman, What's my violation?"
The policemen says "driving without a license!"
The man replied in awe : "How did you know that i don't have a license?"
The policeman say : "Well, i saw that you are driving very carefully"
:D

Thx Buddies,

Ya Car is on my name, and I draft the same letter but for the safe side better give the original Istamra and Insurance to the guy who is going to drive the car.

Regards,

Zeesham wrote:

but for the safe side better give the original Istamra and Insurance to the guy who is going to drive the car.

It's necessary, not better

Zeeham I want to ask either both persons should be under same kafeel or no need of it.Car is on name of my friend please reply.

Did you see the date of this thread? There is a authorization latter which you both have to fill and get attested by traffic police,   

fazi971 wrote:

Zeeham I want to ask either both persons should be under same kafeel or no need of it.Car is on name of my friend please reply.

i would like to ask here, suppose if i am driving my brothers car, and i carry his registration card with me and while driving if i met with any accidents do i get arrested or do i have to pay for the damage of other persons car...or my brothers insurance will cover all the damages for both of us??????

if i want to take authorization to drive my brothers cars ,what is the possible duration ,can i apply for permanent or there is some time limit,,temporary like that...

i hope you will suggest some good advice... 

thank you!!!

shameemahmed wrote:

i would like to ask here, suppose if i am driving my brothers car, and i carry his registration card with me and while driving if i met with any accidents do i get arrested or do i have to pay for the damage of other persons car...or my brothers insurance will cover all the damages for both of us??????

if i want to take authorization to drive my brothers cars ,what is the possible duration ,can i apply for permanent or there is some time limit,,temporary like that...

i hope you will suggest some good advice... 

thank you!!!

Please take the time to read the whole thread, you can drive your brothers car provided you have the authorization letter attested from traffic police and this letter can usually be valid for a min period of 3 months to 6 months. If you make an accident however, you or the car needs to have insurance and based on the insurance (third party or complete) the payment to the other and repairs will be taken care of.

Much better if you go to Traffic police for verification and proper procedure about this..

thank you ,appreciate your support...

Hello thelegend :)
Please guide, what if someone wants to take the car outside of Kingdom ? let say I'm authorized for a car of my uncle, possible to take it out side of Kingdom ??

Well I think this authorization is thru Absher now. An expat cannot authorise his car to be driven by other.  System does not provision . Saudi, sponsor, can.

how?

Hi, I am an Indian and have a British driving license. I am using it for rental cars for a year in KSA but now it's very expensive to rent. I am on Buisness visa here so I want to ask whether my cousin can give me the authorization letter to drive his car. He has 3 cars so he has asked me to find out if that s possible or not.

happyunhappy1313 wrote:

I am on Buisness visa here so I want to ask whether my cousin can give me the authorization letter to drive his car. He has 3 cars so he has asked me to find out if that s possible or not.

AFAIK expats can't own more than 2 cars. And since you don't have an iqama, you can't get the authorisation to drive anyone's car in KSA !!

Hi. I am also in a buisness visa here you can rent a car from budget, avis or hetz. To get a car from there you need to provide your international licence and they will block 1000 SR from your credit card as well. This is the only way you can drive around while your here in a business visa

Hi, i have provided tafweed of my car to another person (seems it means as driver) and that he will pay monthly payment of my installments for next 2 months and get my car transferred on his name after 2 months as he will have 3 months salary certificate after 2 months. Please let me know whether he will be responsible for any accidents or penalty. If no then how can i get my side clear as bank wont give any other document than the tafweed.
(Sajid)

Hi!

Anybody who can give me good advice re: cancellation of authorization to drive my car.
I have a leased car from toyota. My husband went for exit. We would like then to transfer the car to an associate but he could not provide salary certificate as he was a freelance businessman and the toyota would not allow so instead i just authorized him as driver and agreed that he will continue the monthly installments. But 1 instance we found out that he did not pay the monthly installments for 5 months and toyota file a case on me and freeze my salary/bank account and my car was pulled by toyota. The problem was settled and i got my salary. Then again recently a violation was registered on my iqama and the driver wont pay the penalty until now that it added up already and im afraid that i will not be able to apply for visa (exit re-entry). I'm so done with this person. I just want to remove his name as my authorised driver. Is it possible? And how? A good advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Kindly tell me what is the process of transferring vehicle of my elder brother to my name because he was deported few weeks ago.

Can I use his car because I do have Istimara. Please guide.