How many months to wait resident permit??

i just want advise people about waiting my UT or RESIDENT PERMIT...i wait over 6 months now and until now i dont even know wat is the result,,i feel soo depress if i always think about this,i married to a swedish guy and i miss my husband soo much,it hurts to feel that your are so far away to your husband.
what i am gonna do?

hi...may i know where you in Cebu? I am from cebu also..:) hows your application right now?

Hi,
Regarding the resident permit, it should take up to 9 months to get the response from Migrationsverket.
Maybe could you ask your husband to call the administration and check to status?
Did you and your husband go for an interview at the Swedish ambassad?
I hope by the time I am writing your situation is resolved.
Kind regards,
Aurélie

hi

almost 7 months now i still dont knw the result of my status...
well my husband call 2 times a week in  migrationsverket..
only me had an interview here in philippines just last year.
and we already did our bio metric...

too bad because the staff of the migrationsverket 1 word they only say tht '' THE WORK LOAD S HIGH RIGHT NOW''
soo deepressing

I understand your situation is not easy. There are doing their best and their workload is quite intense.
Be patient, you should get the answer in 1 or two months I guess!

there is online application also. and the processing is just 1 month or less than 3 months. then its depend also on the application. they wanted also to sure about the  application you have been through. anyway there are online checking of application, if you only know your dossier number. apple, just have a little patience, sooner or later, you probably heard the result. one of my friend, it takes 7 months for her. but just pray always..:)

I understand your situation is not easy. There are doing their best and their workload is quite intense.
Be patient, you should get the answer in 1 or two months I guess!

i realy realy  hope they approved my application now..
i realy miss my husband soo much.. i would be soo happy like i am n heaven if i hve know the result:)

If you went through the process properly, then you applied for residency from the Swedish embassy/consulate in your country. That you been waiting for six months is a bit long yes, so you should ask your husband to look into this at the Migration Office. But each personŽs application process differs, depending on which country youŽre coming from and your countryŽs relationship with Sweden, from a political point of view.
BEST OF LUCK:

its kinda weird once u do bio metric it takes four weeks to get the card mie took 2 weeks how long ago u did the bio metric

well actually i did my bio metric before i hve known my result of my application...so i dont know yet how many weeks they will send the bio metric card

ok well i got my result before doing the bio metric they are the one send u a letter to do it. your case is different i guess

well i got decision just now wow....

yeaaaaa nice am so happy for you see u soon

hej jamgirl  do u have a facebook account if you dont mind?
i wanna keep on touch with u and its pleasant to meet u if u dont mind?  well add me on facebook

[email protected] or [email protected]

i add u on fb

Hi! I read that you did your biometrics before you were granted with a permit. How many weeks did you wait for your card to arrive? How many weeks or months did you wait after you had your decision? Did you apply online? Tack! :)

That is ur own choice.either u wait till u get ur approval, or u can go there to do the biometrics in vain.if the decision will be denied u will not get the permit card, and to wait for the approval it depends on the case, some cases takes 5 to 6 months.but in my experience it took 1 year for me, much better to wait til u get the decision.biometrics is very easy and it takes 10 minutes to do that, goodluck

Thanks for your advice! Do you mean you waited for a year after you got a decision? Did you apply online? Is it a sambo permit as well? I had my interview 2 months ago and prior to that, i have been waiting for 8 months already. I know the waiting time varies from case to case but its just very dissapointing that whenever we call migrationsverket, theres still no case officer assigned to make the final decision. With fingers crossed we will get a response anytime soon God spares us! Im a wee bit worried because my partner had a wee mistake from the questionnaire he filled in from the dates of our cohabitation and i found out i was wrong with an answer i gave after i checked his personbe is after his interview, do you think i have to be worried about these guys? :s tack så himla mycket! :)

*p.s: i was planning to do the biometrics prior to the decision because i will be flying to thailand anyway for tourism so might as well do that to save up time and money. What do you think? :)

Yes i applied tru online app. And im married.Some says it has to be same answer for both of u from the questioner that u filled.but of course we never know.u and ur bf has to contact migrationsverket to follow up ur application.there is no sambo permit, married or not it's the same application "residence permit".well since u will go in Thailand u can do ur biometrics.its really frustrating to wait.hope for the best for u.

Hi! Thanks for your quick response :) i do hope ill get a decision soon. How months did you waitfor a decision after your interview? Youre from stockholm right? Hope we can catch up if ny permit will be approved God spares us! :) in gna live in stockholm as well if God permits ^_^

Well its long waiting for me, I could say! I just got my permit 4 months ago.yes, we can see each other, I'm living in stockholm close to the city.lycka till!

I have waited for 13 months now but nothing....any efforts to call the migrations in vain. No officer yet allocated to handle our case. From may last year may.... Its so frustating since one does not know what to do.i cant even plan my life at the moment.
When we called around two weeks ago we were told that they were handling cases of early may 2014... We got some hope that by now we would have gotten our decission,calling one week later,we are told to wait for two more months and she said it was not a guarantee.....am so dissapointed with the swedish migrations board since it doesnt stand by its word.
PS:by the time i was applying the waiting periods were between 9-11 months.

..it's really all the same. I waited for 7 months now since its registered last few of 2015 and no one can tell from the Migrationsverket of what's going on with my case. I applied for visit visa twice but denied twice also because of the residence permit. It is so emotionally depressing that we fall in love with a foreign guy and someone has to decide for our love story.

Hi there,
Saan ka nag apply Schengen visa?  Just wonder why took so lng kasi sakin 3 days lng recieved ko na agad yong tourist visa ko.

Saan ka apply Schengen visa mo kc tourist visa for Sweden is mabilis lng eh..  My viber ka?  Give me your number, usap tayo

Why have you been denied a travel visa?i have travelled severally yet my application for the residence permit was in.according to the swedish law,you should be at your home country by the time the decission is made.....otherwise ,you are free to travel for as long as you are at home when your decission is coming out.

Sa Cebu LNG represented by Norway....madali LNG Talaga ang visa Pero ang residence permit ay Hindi. Dapat inuna namin ang visit visa bago residence permit. Yun nagkagulo gulo na ang buhay namin Dahil sa Kanila...Pero oklng. But I don't like my name showing on their records na deny ako twice. Nakakasira sa pangalan para sa Europe. Di.neny ng taga Norway ang para Sweden na visit visa ko because of my pending residence permit.

I do not know why they Deny my visa maybe because I'm a transgender woman. I give them my proof of property, my employment proof and my fiance's capacity of supporting me. I did not lack anything in terms of my documents. Proof of our relationship of one year and when he was here, too. We were advised by the Migrationsverket that we can apply for short term visit visa even I have a pending residence permit but the Norwegian embassy denied it twice because they said I am not going back to my country of orgin when the visa expires because of my residence permit that I have the intention to live there long term as per reference of the residence permit. Their explanation is lame and unsatisfying because it defeats the purpose of the pertinent documents that I submitted. I applied twice and same reasons of rejections. Siguro LGBT at saka mga bata pa kami, 25 and 27. I do not know. I'm getting hopeless.

Lovestory88 wrote:

I do not know why they Deny my visa maybe because I'm a transgender woman. I give them my proof of property, my employment proof and my fiance's capacity of supporting me. I did not lack anything in terms of my documents. Proof of our relationship of one year and when he was here, too. We were advised by the Migrationsverket that we can apply for short term visit visa even I have a pending residence permit but the Norwegian embassy denied it twice because they said I am not going back to my country of orgin when the visa expires because of my residence permit that I have the intention to live there long term as per reference of the residence permit. Their explanation is lame and unsatisfying because it defeats the purpose of the pertinent documents that I submitted. I applied twice and same reasons of rejections. Siguro LGBT at saka mga bata pa kami, 25 and 27. I do not know. I'm getting hopeless.

It has nothing to do with you being a transgender woman. Norwegian Embassy Manila has a legal capacity to grant or reject Schengen visa applications from the Philippines in behalf of Sweden. According to the recent rules being implemented by the Norwegian immigration, an applicant from certain group of countries (whose citizens present potential migration to Schengen countries and in which Philippines is among them  :(  ) has to prove that he/she will return to his/her country before the visa expires. Since you have an ongoing application for a residence permit, it implies that you have an intention for a long term residence in Sweden, which defeats the purpose of the short-term visitor's visa. It may sound unfair for us Filipinos, but we can't blame them for tightening their rules.

Yeah you could have applied for a visit visa first, just for you to have a feel of how it is to live in Sweden. You will have to go home anyway to apply for the residence permit.

You won't be prevented from applying the Schengen visa in the future...if your circumstances has changed. You didn't do anything bad, so you won't be banned from applying next time. For the meantime, be patient and hope for the best. And brace yourself for the long wait which could be up to 18 months! Your partner can always visit you   :)

Goodluck!

...but it's so frustrating why they denied it because as per Migrationsverket I can still apply for short term visit because I don't have an interview yet and regarding my intention of returning back to my country of origin is so obvious as reference to the pertinent docs I submitted plus supporting docs.
Anyways why is it upto 18 months for the wait for residence permit? It says on their website that 4 months, 9 months and more...does 9 months and more is 18 months?

Lovestory88 wrote:

...but it's so frustrating why they denied it because as per Migrationsverket I can still apply for short term visit because I don't have an interview yet and regarding my intention of returning back to my country of origin is so obvious as reference to the pertinent docs I submitted plus supporting docs.
Anyways why is it upto 18 months for the wait for residence permit? It says on their website that 4 months, 9 months and more...does 9 months and more is 18 months?

...Because the Swedish migration are dealing with huge backlogs of applications for residence permit, due to the influx of refugees and asylum seekers. It's the same situation with some other European countries.

Hi, 
Now i understand why they deny your tourist visa application.  Yes it will make it more complicated nga.  Wait mo nlng you residens permit mo,  madali lng yan so long you have submited all the required document..  If online ka nag apply you will be receiving a case number . And you can follow up through email in manila. Kasi yong sakin with my kids took three months lang.  Ang nag pagulo eh yong tourist visa. Be patient lang dear

Hi,
Advice ko sayo,  ask your spouse or bf to follow up here sa Sweden migration.kasi mabilis lng yan so long na na pass mo lahat requirement. Online ka ba nag apply?  Kasi online bilis lng yan... Most cases kasi na delay is if they are not convince enough sa reason. Like example yong how long you know each other how often you chat or how many times your partner visited you. Kasi if nakita nila na both of you are serious, grant agad yan..

He has been calling the Migratinsversket everyday regarding the case But no progress. Perhaps they are not convinced because when we applied we were still 6 months being in a relationship and we are still 25 and 27 years old but it should not be the grounds bec, we are at the right age now with sound mind. we already met here in Phil's. Once. Everyday we communicate. I applied online last feb. 2015 and they were just asking my passport and my certificate of no marriage...7 months na ang nakaraan for my residence permit that's why we applied for short term visit because he wanted me to meet his parents and her daughter just for 39 days because I will go back here in the Phil's for my job and for the fulfillment of the residence permit. Deny twice ang visa because of this pending case. He could not easily visit me here because of his job and his kid. Nakakalokang pag-Ibig to ate. Last na toh Ayaw ko na. Itutuloy ko na Lang mowdelling ko para sa ekonomiya.

Hello everyone > just a reminder that you should please write only in English in this English speaking forum so that everyone can understand ;) Thank you very much and good luck.

Hi good day everyone!
I thought I am the only one who is experiencing the same frustration that everyone is feeling now. I am married with a Swedish citizen. We got married last February here in the Philippines and when my husband came back to Sweden, he registered it at skatteverket. It was one of the documents we submitted along with our passports and marriage certificate, we did the online application that as all says, its more faster. I applied along with my 5 year old son which I have a sole custody. We have been waiting for 6 months now and we haven't received any email from them that I can book for an interview at the consulate. My husband can't decide if he can come here because it might be close for us to get an answer. I am also planning to go to Bangkok for biometrics so I could save time since the embassy said I can do it and as per speaking to them, I am entitled to be granted the residence permit since we are married. It was also our plan to just have a schengen visa while waiting for a decision but it might make the whole processing long. I know a friend who applied for a residence visa and she is just a gf or sambo, she applied january 2015 and got an email by may. Another one just took a month from April 12th and she got an answer May this year and they are in Sweden already with er daughter. It's frustrating how the migrationsverket answers our queries whenever my husband calls them and they always say they need to open the case first or we need a name of a case officer who handles our case so we can talk to them directly. We even have the number of orebro branch where they said our application was sent. Can you advise me what to do with this or is there any other way to do it so I can be with my husband. Thank you very much guys and I am hoping for your answers.

Same with fiancé and me's situation. All you have to do is pray and hope that it is going to be soon because we really don't understand how they work. My application is in northern part of Sweden as per e-mail of their customer service and no case officer yet. It is so sad and confusing that I can't even plan my life here really well bec. I'm anticipating what if the interview will be soon or what not. I need to quit job again because my fiancé is coming here in PI instead and will find a new one when he will go back. He is also taking an early vacation break from work and leaving his daughter temporarily just to fill in the gap after a months of being apart. Probably they are taking care first the refugees of Syria, Afghanistan and Somalia or we do not know what's really going on. My application has been sitting on their plate for 7 months now and they are giving us up to 9 months or more???? I don't know what to say now. It is so depressing to think about it but we can't do anything bec. they are the authority to decide weather your love story will be successful or not even if you choose to be successful. Let's just keep our fingers cross as to when they will hear our applications and go with the flow coz it's going to kill us emotionally and psychologically.

As per asking the migration board, my application is in migrationsverket örebro and for line up for a case officer that was way back July. So when we call them, its always the orebro unit. You must know where unit you are in so you can see how your case is going. As per emailing the Swedish embassy too, they said I am entitled to have the residence permit but I just need to wait  and when my interview is done, I can have the answer soonest. I am praying for it as well.

Hi did you apply for Schengen visa while waiting for you residens permit?  i hope you don't..  Have you communicate with manila Swedish consulate?  i apply for permanent visa along with my kids and got it after three months. Once you got a case number you can check it from time to time on Web.  Swedish migration board will send you an email that you have been granted a visa. Then you will send that email to manila consulate and after that they will send you info that your ready for finger print in Bangkok. Its first come first serve so you have to be there early in Bangkok Swedish embassy. Then waiting time for your utc is one to two weeks.

I know where my application is. Hope u can get a case officer already. Please update me so that I will not be hopeless. Include me in your prayers.

I did apply for visa twice after 4 months but got denied and I appealed as well. I don't know if it will make my residence permit application put on hold. It seems they don't care and they don't give advice of what to do.

Ewan ko talaga...si batman na ang Bahala aa lahat.