Good hotel at Guayaquil Airport

We are flying into Guayaquil late at night and have to wait until the next morning to take the bus to to Montanita. Does anybody have reccomendations on a good hotel (reasonable price, clean, and safe)near the airport? Is it safe to walk around at that time of night. This will be our first trip to Ecuador, so going to check it out for retirement potentital. Thx

Welcome, check out the Murali Hostal.  You can walk from the airport to the hostal or they will pick you up.  Rates are great. Next day you can walk to the bus terminal if you have to.  Take a look at tripadvisor about the place or on their own website.  We are also coming to the coast in July, staying in a villa we rented thru airbnb.com for 6 weeks.  Hope to retire there at that time.  Good luck
Jill

I agree, that hostal is the best, safest and cleanest in Guayaquil.  Dom

Best hotels, from the most expensive to the most affordable within international standards: Sheraton, Sonesta and Howard Johnson. Enjoy Montanita! :)

This is my first choice:
call Jessica  1-913-634-8674 (ph in the US)
She has a very nice house & rents rooms in a very nice gated community. She is wonderful. (least expensive) She can arrange someone to meet you at the airport also.

2nd choice:
Murali Hostel 
Barrid La Garzota
La Salle y 30
Callejon 15 N_E
Esquina, Guayaquil

1-954-278-6354  (from US)
593-4-227-5533  (tel EC)

Just a few blocks from the Guayaquil Airport.

Not fancy but clean & safe.  New owners since I used it several times last year.

Sing  ([email protected])

There is a new one that opened about two months ago, literally across the highway from the airport, affordable,spotless clean and neat: the Garzota Inn, with private parking, wi-fi internet, elevator, laundry service, restaurant, airport shuttle service and English speaking staff members. Their numbers are +593-42231888/4000, emails [email protected], reservations at [email protected]

Thanks that's good to know. I'm going to the coast in October. First trip for 30-60 days.Would be interested to hear about your Villa if you have any suggestions. Thx

jillnsy wrote:

Welcome, check out the Murali Hostal.  You can walk from the airport to the hostal or they will pick you up.  Rates are great. Next day you can walk to the bus terminal if you have to.  Take a look at tripadvisor about the place or on their own website.  We are also coming to the coast in July, staying in a villa we rented thru airbnb.com for 6 weeks.  Hope to retire there at that time.  Good luck
Jill

Jill- I'd be interested to hear how your your Villa BnB on the coast was. I'm going for 30-60 days in October to the coast and looking for same. thx. Jim

In the interest of safety, might want to use their van

We found a place via airbnb. it was a taxi ride to the house and we stayed with a real Ecuadorian family which we wanted rather than the Holiday Inn. Her name was Patricia and you can find her on Airbnb.

aterosin wrote:

We found a place via airbnb. it was a taxi ride to the house and we stayed with a real Ecuadorian family which we wanted rather than the Holiday Inn. Her name was Patricia and you can find her on Airbnb.

Okay thank-you. I'll check it out.