Malta Qualifications Council (International Degree Assessment)

Hi all,

I'd like to check if anyone had any experience with Malta Qualifications Council (MQRIC) where you can assess your international degree as being an equivalent to a Maltese degree. How lond does it normally take and what can you expect?

Also, I would appreciate if anyone could share if you had to assess your education to claim exemptions to study for ACCA.

Thanks,

Irina

I have.

So here's the thing. The Recognition of Qualification/s paper isn't a must - but if you're applying for a job and the employer wants the paper, it's best that you already have it. Why? Because is takes more than 2 months to get that one sheet (= I could use a diferent kind of spelling, if you know what I mean) of paper. At least in my case.

On the first of March (this year) I personally went to their offices in St. Venera with their Application form for the Assessment of a National or/and International Qualification along with a notary verified copies of my Bachelor Degree in Slovene (as well as in English). BTW, they accept  applications on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings between 9.00 to 12.00 and afternoons between 2.00 to 4.00 (in winter) and between 9.00 to 12.00 (in summer). And when the employer was sick of waiting for my qualification papers to arrive, I lost an opportunity to get employed. Meanwhile I called them at least 3 times and sent them a slightly unpleasant e-mail, I finally received an envelope in my mailbox on the 13th of May. Two weeks after that, they even managed to reply to the e-mail... :mad:

Therefore if you think you're going to need these documents from the MQC, keep in mind that they take their time...
Only in Malta.

Cheers,
female half of duo BUD

Hi,

Thanks for reply! Yes, I got mine assessed and had a similar experience with one employer. It did take about 2 months...

Hi,

better late than never, right? :D

Glad to hear you manage to get your paper.

Cheers,
Ursa

Did anyone do Assessment recently? Any experiences? :/  As I want to do that with my degree, just wondering weather I   need my original degree with me to apply or is it enough to bring my degree supplement?  :/

Hi friki78,
Either way, if your degree is in english or not, make a copy and get it authenticated (take it to a notary). I wouldn't give them the original version. But you have to have your copy of the degree in english (get it translated by a qualified translater in your home country).

Cheers,
Ursa