Doing business in Suriname

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Suriname?

Is it complicated to register a company in Suriname? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Suriname?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

it is a hundred times better then doing business next door in Guyana.there are hurdles when trying to obtain permanent residency and licenses etc.But once you're up its good.

I wanted to start a small to medium sized gold mining operation in Guyana and I would have gotten killed and robbed if it wasn't for a very good friend that i met there.Guyanese will befriend you until they see an option to cheat you out of your cash,and from that point it can be a very scary experience.

I setup my business here now and everything is doing just fine now,my wife is pregnant again,so no complaining.

recruiting is difficult in Suriname,i find the people here extremely lazy,undisciplined and not energetic enough. all the younger people here think they can become rich overnight somehow.
you can hire 5 guys and a week later you will be left with one.

foreign investors are welcome,language can be a barrier,and the tax office is a hell hole.the chamber of commerce is OK,they speak fluent English and are knowledgeable of all rules and regulations

o yeah,the burglars here are making you crazy,you need burglar bars,alarm system and guard dogs.And still they will try it,they poisoned two of my rotties last week.

gom & trom RIP

:top:

Thank you for this forum.

My husband and I are interested in knowing about the requirements to start a business in Su.

Any foreigners who started a business in Su?
How was it to start up, too much red tape?
Expensive to acquire the documentation and licenses?

Thank you.
Regards
VD