Work permit (job offered in portugal)

Hi all,

I have been offered a job in Portugal, and now I have to secure a work or residence permit (I have a PhD, and I am Non-EU). My company has not done this before, so I think I will have to gather the correct information (they have not posted the job on labor website or anything like that).

1) Can someone elaborate on the process? From google, I have found that there could be two types of permits I can go for: A) work permit for job, B) highly-skilled permit.

2)Can you also tell me what my company needs to do, in order to have the work permit granted to me.

3) What I need to do should essentially be simple enough once the company takes the right steps. I should just take the contract and the proof company provides that why they need me, and that should be enough

4) Is this true that I will first get a 6 month visa, and once I am in portugal, I apply for work permit? This seems so risky, for instance if I odn;t get it then I am screwed.

Niland

Hi Niland and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

I wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

Hello can anybody help me. If anyone no have any vissa and he enter in Europe without any vissa. Then how many month I need to pay TeX in Portugal. And what is best for me I do

rajansharma1 wrote:

Hello can anybody help me. If anyone no have any vissa and he enter in Europe without any vissa. Then how many month I need to pay TeX in Portugal. And what is best for me I do

You will need a visa to get into any European country unless you are a EU resident with the correct passport. 
No visa no entry.

hi i am dr and i want to work as a general dr in portugal and i dont have visa till, can anybody help me how to get a job and visa,,thanks

Dr.Khizir wrote:

hi i am dr and i want to work as a general dr in portugal and i dont have visa till, can anybody help me how to get a job and visa,,thanks

Read my previous post. No visa no entry.

You could try contacting hospitals there and see if they have a position for you. Then they will arrange visas.

thanks for reply,,
but there is a little problem,,,i dont know portuguese but i am learning,,,,,,,,,how i can contact to hospital administration,,,,can u give me contact of any dr.

thanks

Dr.Khizir wrote:

thanks for reply,,
but there is a little problem,,,i dont know portuguese but i am learning,,,,,,,,,how i can contact to hospital administration,,,,can u give me contact of any dr.

thanks

The easiest would be if you google and look for the hospitals in Portugal, for sure you then will also find their contact details for your first approach.

thanks,
ok i am searching,,,,actually i dont know portuguese so its difficult for me,,,can u help me in this regard

Dr.Khizir wrote:

thanks,
ok i am searching,,,,actually i dont know portuguese so its difficult for me,,,can u help me in this regard

Try this link, all in English

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/portu … ry2014.pdf

If you do not speak or understand Portuguese language then you will not find a position there.

Try www.lisbon.angloinfo.com/af/535/lisbon- … ntres.html

I found this site on Google in less than 5 minutes.

thanks
i think this list will help me a lot,,
a question please

for work in portugal its necessary have a work visa or i can work on tourist or study visa
or
tourist or study visa can change easily to work permit

please give me answer i am waiting

thanks

Dr.Khizir wrote:

thanks
i think this list will help me a lot,,
a question please

for work in portugal its necessary have a work visa or i can work on tourist or study visa
or
tourist or study visa can change easily to work permit

please give me answer i am waiting

thanks

Stumpy gave you an excellent link to a website where you get all the infos you are asking for. It took me 2 min to check on it and it will reply most of your questions.

http://lisbon.angloinfo.com/information … k-permits/

Pls do also your homework and check yourself

I'm coming from India. I have no vissa and no entry in Europe. But I live in Portugal now. I came here to make Portugal paper. So how many month I need to pay TeX in Portugal

rajansharma1 wrote:

I'm coming from India. I have no vissa and no entry in Europe. But I live in Portugal now. I came here to make Portugal paper. So how many month I need to pay TeX in Portugal

You have no visa but living in Portugal ?

How did you get there without visa and how long you are living there already ?

I'm here about 6 month now. I came here bcoz Portugal open immigration here. If anyone pay 6 month TeX then that give one year visa. That's why I came here. But i have no vissa. Then how much I need to pay TeX. Someone say one year TeX and someone say 8 month. Can anyone help me to give me right advice thanks

I did not know that Indian passport holders do not need a visa for Portugal, also I never heard about the tax regulation you mentioned to obtain a visa.

Usually you are taxable if you stay longer than 183 days but are you working in Portugal or just on holiday for now 6 months ?

A few posts up is a great link which stumpy posted. I guess you should look around there to find more informations.

thanks this link is good,

but to get a residence card its necessary to have a work visa or not

on tourist  visa can i get residence card or not

please answer me and do u think for dr its a good option

thanks

Dr.Khizir wrote:

thanks this link is good,

but to get a residence card its necessary to have a work visa or not

on tourist  visa can i get residence card or not

please answer me and do u think for dr its a good option

thanks

Dr or not the following information is relevant for anyone seeking to work and live in Portugal. 

First you will need a work visa. A potential employer will get this for you. You cannot work on a tourist visa .

Secondly, regarding residency look up this information online. You must live and work legally in Portugal for a number of years before you can get residency. A work visa does not guarantee automatic residency.

rajansharma1 wrote:

I'm here about 6 month now. I came here bcoz Portugal open immigration here. If anyone pay 6 month TeX then that give one year visa. That's why I came here. But i have no vissa. Then how much I need to pay TeX. Someone say one year TeX and someone say 8 month. Can anyone help me to give me right advice thanks

:unsure 

Sounds like you have arrived in Portugal as an immigrant, and perhaps illegally ??

This payment of tax for a visa sounds suspect. Who told you this?
How can you pay tax when you are not working. To pay tax you must be working in the country legally and the tax paid is recorded. 

This sounds more like someone asking for money to get you a visa illegally. Or you have been given false information.

thanks for replying

but how i can find potential employer for work visa.

can you give me a contact of any person regarding medicine to get work visa as a doctor and i also want to know as i will graduate from cuba, i have to do exam or my degree is accepted,

thanks

Dr.Khizir wrote:

thanks for replying

but how i can find potential employer for work visa.

can you give me a contact of any person regarding medicine to get work visa as a doctor and i also want to know as i will graduate from cuba, i have to do exam or my degree is accepted,

thanks

Look, now you ask again how to find an employer and for contacts. I gave you a link where you can find endless hospitals/private clinics etc with websites, contact details etc. You got another link from stumpy where you find all informations needed in respect of visa and work permits etc.

It seems you don't even look and try and find the informations otherwise you would not keep asking those questions.

Don't expect that one of us here is collecting the relevant informations which you now can gather yourself very easy.

thanks for reply

i have sent mails to three of these hospitals and i have also seen this link but it dont explain how to get work visa.

it only explain when you are ib portugal what should you do but not explain how i reach there.

anyway thans again for this link. it surely will help me

Dr.Khizir wrote:

thanks for reply

i have sent mails to three of these hospitals and i have also seen this link but it dont explain how to get work visa.

it only explain when you are ib portugal what should you do but not explain how i reach there.

anyway thans again for this link. it surely will help me

Both happyhour and myself have given you links to hospitals and clinics.  Email them.

If those hospitals are interested enough in you to offer you a  position they will then make you an offer and then arrange visa and work permit. 

You cannot get a work visa or permit yourself, only a tourist visa.  If you want up to date information on visas etc then contact the nearest Portuguese Embassy or Consulate.