Shipping a Container from US to KSA

Hello friend..

I am going to ship all my furniture in  a 20'' container to Saudi from  USA.

My Question is :

Should i bring my TVs with me or not ?

I heard that the only problem is the POWER cuz its 110 here in US and in Saudi 220,, but for me its not a problem cuz in my house we have both power and the majority are 110.

BUT, i heard there is something going on with the pictures and colors ?? i have 2 LED HD TVs and i am afraid of take them with me.

Any ideas ??

thanks

Well I'm living in Al Danah compound with their provided Sony Bravia tv's (model KLV-40BX400)
This tv can take 110 or 240V 50/60 cycles.  and can receive PAL, SECAM, and NTSC 3.58, and it works fine.  So if your LCD has those specs it will work too.  If you need an adapter for your plug, those can be found at the SACO World at the Dhahran Mall.

Hey Rbgie,

Thx for the reply... so this Sony Bravia is came from USA ?

mine is LED not LCD.. the bad thing that i am not good at these names ( PAL , SECAM or NTSC... ) 

I am afraid the ( RECEIVERS ) in Saudi wont work fine with the TV from USA. IF the TV you talked about came from US then that would be great !!

yeah i just did search now on your model and found out that TV is actually a World-Wide edition and it has ( NTSC/PAL/SECAM )

NTSC = what works in Saudi

PAL = what works in USA

i just found converter for ( NTSC/PAL/SECAM )

i am not sure if i am right or wrong hahaa

Hi,

Can I ask u which container company did u had the experience with?

Thanks!

Hi maha1991 > note that this is an old topic. You might contact our moving partner here > https://www.expat.com/en/movers/middle- … ia/khobar/ Thank you