Furniture in Jakarta

Hi everyone!

I'm moving from Singapore to Jakarta in a few month's time. We are going to get an unfurnished place in Kemang. Just wondering if anyone can advise me on buying lighting and other things, should i get it in singapore or wait to buy it when i get to Jakarta? We intend to buy local teak furniture in Jakarta.Any additional tips on funishing the home would be great

btw: we have a 3 year old son

thanks for kind advice
B

Hi balzac,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have introduced your message as a new thread on the Jakarta forum for better visibility.

If you're looking for simple lighting and so on, try to go to ACE HARDWARE and INFORMA (or INDEX). The nearest shop from your place would be Pondok Indah Mall.
They have quite a good selection. Happy hunting!

Visit ace hardware in Pondok Indah Mall 2, Fatmawati (there is 2 shops), Radio Dalam area
Informa or Index in Fatmawati, Gandaria City Mall, or bigger one in BSD area
Visit their website:
Ace Hardware - http://www.acehardware.co.id/
Informa or Index - http://www.homecenterindonesia.com/

Happy hunting

hi, congrats you will move to Jakarta.

If you like antique furniture with negotiable price you can go to Jalan Surabaya in Menteng. As i see that you will live in Kemang, fyi Menteng is really near from Kemang, you can ask local people if you want. But this is an outdoor market. So be ready for the hot weather. And ACE HARDWARE for the lamp and other stuffs.

you can open this link :

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_g … tiques.php

to see Jalan Surabaya and look on Google, about the exact address of ACE HARDWARE near to your place.

Happy hunting :)

Hello maybe too late but here adresses of good furniture shops:
Dewata Classic Teak Jl Kemang Utara 15A 0217196803
Konsept Too Jl Kemang Utara N 14A 0217192636
Rumah Lunar Kemang Timur

You may try this link for thonet chairs as well as Thomas Annison light bulbs.
Check this link out for European thonet chairs and others chairs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kzcproducts

[email protected]

It is 100% geniune products from Europe

Ace hardware is a really handy shop for loads of stuff but I never buy that sort of stuff there.
Same reason I don't go to PIM.

You'll spend ten times as much as if you buy from a small, local manufacturer.
Loads in little roadside shops with very high quality work and, bonus, you'll be helping the locals make a living while you save a load of money.

For lighting, better you buy in Jakarta

You can go to Hong Kong Shop in Fatmawati road
And also to Kenari Plaza in Pramuka road
Check this out: tokolistriklampu.com/
Maybe you will find what you do need for your new house/ apt later
Both places are good for price and stuff

You can find local teak furniture at Ciputat Raya or maybe at Plaza Mebel (Jalan Fatmawati)-> see my blog

Living World in Tangerang might be a good option for lighting and other stuff for your new home...

Btw, there are also some furniture shops in Kemang, but I think they are quite expensive. Here's a list: http://www.nowjakarta.co.id/directories … shing.html

Hope you got some useful tips here on expat-blog!

Regards,
Britt

Anyone know where to buy this Thomas Edison light bulbs in Indonesia?

Anyone know where to buy this Thomas Edison light bulbs in Indonesia?

Thomas Edison light bulbs??

Ohhh you mean light bulbs like this http://www.perez-rubio.com/images/Iconi … t-bulb.jpg ?

Will tell you if I find them :-) But I normally buy CFL, the low-energy ones...

Yup thats rite.  Anyway thanks and i have found it. LOL. Now i recommend to my chairs customer.

i posted it in my link.

flickr.com/photos/kzcproducts
These are how the Thomas Edison light bulbs look like.

Hi everyone: can anyone possibly recommend a reputable furniture manufacturer in Indonesia to buy furniture online from? I am in Canada. I am looking for French-style furniture to ship to my home in Canada... our house just was on fire and we have no furniture but always wanted French Chateau-style furniture... there seems to be a lot online, but how do we tell good business and quality from bad? Thanks in advance, any advice is much appreciated!

Olgalita wrote:

Hi everyone: can anyone possibly recommend a reputable furniture manufacturer in Indonesia to buy furniture online from? I am in Canada. I am looking for French-style furniture to ship to my home in Canada... our house just was on fire and we have no furniture but always wanted French Chateau-style furniture... there seems to be a lot online, but how do we tell good business and quality from bad? Thanks in advance, any advice is much appreciated!

Hi Olgaltia, You can consider Thonet chairs? LOL Just kidding as we market them here and export worldwide. For French Chateau style furniture, you may wish to check with Lanny from Authentique Design. Their email is [email protected].
If not i will ask around and let you know....

Olgalita wrote:

And if you like some lightings & other stuff, you may visit www.flickr.com/photos/kzcproducts

Olgalita wrote:

Hi Olgalita,

It seems that not much ppl is doing the furniture you want as i ask my customers but they don't really let me.  Not to worry, i will recheck and get back to you soon and hopefully with some good news.

Thanks and I am looking forward to more information!
Olga