Hey Nigerians in Santo Domingo...

All Nigerians living in Santo Domingo; Let yourself be known on this forum.  God is Great.  Trying to link up.

Hi Oluwalaja07,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Santo Domingo forum for better visibility.

Maybe you could give us a brief intro about yourself?

Thank you.

Hello,

I will be in Santa Domingo from Feb 24 to Feb 27. I know locals don't speak much english. Can I get advice on how to communicate and get around bcos I don't know spanish at all.

Thanks

Dozy

you will find that many of the people of the dominican republic speak at least some english.  If you are traveling in a resort area they will speak english...be patient and respectful and the lovely people of the dominican republic are always willing to help

Hi, are you still in the DR. I would love to meet fellow Nigerians here.

Please fellow Nigerians I wanna come to DOMINICAN but They have no consulate in Nigeria. How did u guys manage to come over.

tehteh titoh wrote:

Please fellow Nigerians I wanna come to DOMINICAN but They have no consulate in Nigeria. How did u guys manage to come over.

Contact the closest Dominican Embassy to you in whatever country. A Google search will locate one for you.

I have 6 months Dominican Republic visa but I can't still board

@eikenna997 learn the language. I am of Ghanaian extract - naturalized US citizen looking forward to retiring in the DR (but as far away as possible from SD) . I met some Nigerians on previous visits to Boca Chica. I believe there few to none west Africans in the DR,. Watch this space. Checking with my local contacts.

Hello everyone,

Please note that I am closing this thread.

Should you want to ask questions or share your experience feel free to start a new topic on the Santo Domingo forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
Closed