Wants to apply for driving licence..

Hello guys..

Its been 4days moved to salalah..n really feeling like hell...somehow try to keep myslef busy wth work but weekends are like killing...being new to here..got no friendss too...

Anyways i came across this website n felt really gud... Do help me guys...i want to apply for driving license...where to apply...how much its costs...n everyting related to it.... It will be really appreciated..

Thnx n regards...

I live in Muscat, but the procedure everywhere the same, at first you need to get a teacher , he/she would help you to get " training card" known as " katcha" in arabic,

and you'd pay two ways, either by contract or by hours, though now days via hours is much popular,

i really wish you get used to the place soon, and any help i could provide,

best wishes patanwala

thnx dude for the reply...really appreciated...

but is that mean, i dun have to register for the license before getting training...or have to register first??

and wat will be the cost for per hour..approx//

regards

yep, you need to register first, then you can start your training, and it costs around 5 to 7 Rial per hour, i'm not really sure of Salalah, but this is how it is in muscat, and it's the capital, so maybe it's cheaper there, around 5 R.O.

anddd you welcome :)

Exactly.. have asked here...n its costs around 6 RO only per test here too...now the thing is trainers are floating around here...n ppl are saying its a wise decision to choose a trainer here..u have to be very careful coz this Omani guys seems very lazy when it cums for work..

anyways thats the other side...i will be registering from nex month.. inshallah..

and thanx alott buddy for being soo helpful.. take care..

nice to get info regarding license i also have a question what s registeration fee and international driving license is valid in oman?

guys can anyone have driving instructor contact no. ??

dear
iam shinas ihave dought i have valid indian driving licence but this ia paper.i want to take driving licence of oman is there is any problem.
please reply me

For those of you here - hailing from any Asian country - seeking insights into the rather complicated and cumbersome procedure of getting an Omani Driving Licence, the following link might throw some light :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=204834

This however does not apply to non-Asian expatriates, as the process for them is far simpler.

Good luck !

I have expired qatar D/L.Now i am got in muscat in marketing.
With expired qatar d/l can i converted to oman D/l.

Kindly advise

Venkat
Chennai

I would like to know where I can get an International Driver License. With much appreciation.  Hope I get an answer soon before I travel end of the month.
Regards
Ibrahim

Najjarib wrote:

I would like to know where I can get an International Driver License. With much appreciation.  Hope I get an answer soon before I travel end of the month.
Regards
Ibrahim

there place in Muscat to get international license in 10 mints

HELLO...i need a information regarding driving license for red number plate as though am having my degree certificate so whats is the procedure can you please help me

HI samson001 and welcome to Expat.com!

This is an old thread, hope someone will help you or you might start a new topic on the forum.

All the best,
Christine

So if I'm moving to Salalah with an American driver's license do I have to apply for another one?

Thanks in advance....

Hello

With American license you can be easily get Omani provided its valid

Regards

Thanks Ali, license is valid and active....