Blocking phone Numbers in KSA?

In the USA, if we hit *67 we can block our phone number when calling someone.

Can you do something like that here in KSA?

Yes, you can.

Mobily offers a service called Rahati. You can use it to blacklist, whitelist numbers. STC also offers a similar service but I don't know the name. But I know some numbers: if you call them you'll have to enter a password to get your call through.

i know with my previosu phone there was a function to block incoming calls but with iphone u cant. it really sucks so much. i hope some1 comes up with a solution. do u know if the service of blocking numbers is a paid service or free? i tried many times to get rid of unwanted calls but no succees.

Well, what I'm talking about is just blocking your number (as opposed to blocking  incoming calls), so you can call somebody and they won't have your number unless you want to give it to them.  It protects privacy.

ok, hmmmm...i think that would be so great if it is available. i just keep getting calls at strange hours. i suspect that the callers could have got my number when i made calls to them like maybe calling the grocery store or pizza delivery etc. these numbers appear on there mobile numbers. and the ladies i expect would have a tough time with it...anyways i hope some1 comes with a solution and thanks this is a much needed post.

Alliecat wrote:

Well, what I'm talking about is just blocking your number (as opposed to blocking  incoming calls), so you can call somebody and they won't have your number unless you want to give it to them.  It protects privacy.

This option isn't available in KSA.

i'm knn murthy from Bangalore - india,  working in yanbu - Saudi Arabia  since 13 months.  i'm getting calls & messages on my stc number continuously,  from an unknown person.   I don't know how to block such incoming calls, as it is disturbing me lot.   I don't know anything about that person and his number in the past,  who gave my number to him?  I don't know really.  i'm fed up as he disturbes me every time.  he speaks in Arabic  which I can't understand  as I don't know Arabic.  kindly help me,  how to restrict his number from calling me and from sending his messages to me.

regards
knn murthy

What mobile service do you have; STC or Mobily?

Subscribe to their blocking service and blacklist his number. You can blacklist or whitelist thousands of numbers in fact.

STC offers this service named 'Jawal Control' and Mobily calls it 'Rahati'. Will cost you ~10 SAR/month.

Whats the brand and model of your handset? Many of these sets come with the option of blocking numbers.

I want to block this number [Moderated : please avoid giving phone numbers over a public forum].because my girlfiend have another caller in this number pls help me

@Alliecat sir I have a stc number soo now I close the number

Hello Ahsan Bhatti,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

You may not get any responses here as this thread is quite old and has been inactive for years now.

I suggest you tell us more about yourself here  > New members of the Saudi Arabia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023 and feel free to also ask your questions with more details.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

[Thread closed]

Closed