All the necessary Information about VIsas

I live with my Filipino wife. I am 50 next year and would like to retire with my wife to Thailand however she is 38. Are we still able to retire in Thailand, what visa are we able to get for my wife to allow her to remain with me in Thailand? thanks

I have A friend who is from Thailand.
She has A 10 year US tourist Visa.I believe it's 3 years old.Her passport is needing to be renewed.I am trying to find out how she can renew her passport and have her visa intact.

Question: I have a triple-entry tourist visa (TR) with "Enter before: 17Dec 2013" on it & am a Canadian Citizen, so each entry should be 60 days, extendable to 90, if I understand things correctly. Does this mean that I can extend each time and then make my last entry on, or before, Dec 17th & remain for my last 60+30? That is how I understand it to be but thought I should check with those "in the know". Thanks!

Am a citizen of Nigeria but am currently in Malaysia. I was invited by a friend to Thailand to start a work over there. Whats the possibility of getting a work there?

will the thai embassy give a Non-immigration visa if you don't have a job in Thailand but you want to look for work on this visa?

pmioche wrote:

will the thai embassy give a Non-immigration visa if you don't have a job in Thailand but you want to look for work on this visa?

If you are married with a thai citizen then you are eligible for a non imm O visa, otherwise if you already secured an employment in thailand then you need complete documentation from the hiring company beforehand to apply a non imm B visa, thai embassies does not issue non imm visa for job searchs.

Hello all, am a Kiwi, at retirement age, have a Thai girlfriend in Rayong, would like to move there next year,  so , i assume , the 90 day non immigration visa,would enable me to open a bank account on arrival, is this so, because the time frame of depositing 800,000 baht, and having it there ,the required time, for retirement visa, is it 2 months or 3 does not leave much time before the 90day visa expiry time,  please explain the sequence. Kind Regards Ron

Hello all, am a Kiwi, at retirement age, have a Thai girlfriend in Rayong, would like to move there next year,  so , i assume , the 90 day non immigration visa,would enable me to open a bank account on arrival, is this so, because the time frame of depositing 800,000 baht, and having it there ,the required time, for retirement visa, is it 2 months or 3 does not leave much time before the 90day visa expiry time,  please explain the sequence. Kind Regards Ron

Here's what I have on Visa's for the Philippines.

VISA FOR PHILIPPINES

21 day visa - You get this at the airport automatically, to extend you get the 59 day visa.
59 Day visa - Known as the 2 month visa. Good for two months and can be extended every two months up to a year.
One Year - You must exit the country for at least one day, to some destination like Taiwan, Hong Kong...
Balikbayan - Good for one year, not renewable, if you enter the country with your Filipina wife you may get this visa. Exit the country with your wife and re-enter after one day and get another Balikbayan visa.
13a Resident Visa - Good for five years, must be married to a Filipina, and been in the country six months.

Records to bring with you:
Passport
Certified birth certificate, Must have raised seal or original, (several copies if you can Xerox is OK in many cases but sometimes you need an original)
Valid form of photo identification
Proof of separation, death certificate, from any previus marriage

IF you are a US Citizen:
Docements you need - Original birth certificate (several copies if you can Xerox is OK in many cases but sometimes you need an original)
Š Passport. Make sure you order a passport with additional pages for frequent travelers you will need those pages as your passport is stamped every time you renew your visa. Give yourself plenty of time to get the passport completed before booking your flight because it takes about 2 to 4 weeks just to get one. More recently I have heard that it may take even longer to get your passport. Also recent IRS information states that if you owe the IRS money you may be prevented from obtaining a passport altogether.
Š Proof of separation, death certificate
Š Military records
Š Military ID
Š Bank account info with routing number and account numbers.

To apply for a passport you can go to your local USA Post Office with the following documents:
Š Previous U.S. passport
Š Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state
Š Certificate of citizenship, or naturalization certificate.
Š Valid form of photo identification, such as a current valid driver's license, government ID or military photo ID.
Š Valid original birth certificate

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/577187_10151601900963915_1281828323_n.jpg

@ CharlesHarman: :one

I'm an expat working here in Bangkok. Can I apply for work permit for an Indonesian maid to have her work for me here in Bangkok??

As they don't need visa being Indonesians, will it be possible to get her in the country then apply for a work permit for her?? What docs I need & is it doable or not??

Rgds,

Despradoooz wrote:

I'm an expat working here in Bangkok. Can I apply for work permit for an Indonesian maid to have her work for me here in Bangkok??

As they don't need visa being Indonesians, will it be possible to get her in the country then apply for a work permit for her?? What docs I need & is it doable or not??

Rgds,

I think the Indonesians do need non immigrant "B" visa, if they are intend to engage in any type of work here in Thailand and by the law any foreigner who is working in Thailand in any capacity must obtain a work permit from labour department.
If you are working as the director of a company, then the company can hire her and work permit can be issued (conditions apply).

sir i want to know that in thailand the male entry is difficult than female.. Coz i heard female can easily arrive in thailand but male doesn't.and male deport from thai airpoort? Is it true or not.. Tell me one thing more I'm also heard that if female can apply for the job then there is a full snap of myself compulsory for looking personalty and selevtion of my job in thai,.bangkok

The visa process is no different for males or females. 

If you have all the correct paperwork then you will have no trouble.

As a foreigner you will have difficulty in finding a job in Thailand unless you have an offer from a company here. If so then the company has to get the correct paperwork for you before you arrive.

If you work here illegally and you are caught you will be deported.

Re: Tourist Visa for people entering by land from neighbouring countries - the visa granted at the border is for 15 days only, regardless of nationality.

Gravitas wrote:

Re: Tourist Visa for people entering by land from neighbouring countries - the visa granted at the border is for 15 days only, regardless of nationality.

This has just changed! G7 countries now get 30 days at border on land crossing.

You don't need anything. you go out as long as you like but be back before you need to renew your retirment visa.

Hi Everyone,
can anyone help to simplify this for me? I am planning on moving from Newport Beach (USA) to either Bangkok or Phuket for about 1 year and I would like to find work when I get there. Can someone please advise me on the easiest and fastest way to do this? I ONLY have my passport at this point. Thanks

What sort of work
What is your area of expertise
What is length of your work experience 

Do you have any teaching qualifications. This seems to be the easier way to find work. 

I suggest a Google search for work and see what is around.
You will need to sort out work before you come over as this will dictate what type of visa you need. 

Have you considered Cambodia as it is very easy to get in and out of visa wise. A Google search will give you an idea of what is around there and also check out the Cambodia forum on this site.

Check out jobs (and internships) in the UN System:

http://unjobs.org/duty_stations/bkk

Hi,

I hold a non B Visa. I just entered Thailand this November 29, 2013 and I plan to go to Malaysia this coming long holiday December 28-January 1. January 2 i will be back here. Do i need to secure re-entry permit?
Please help me guys.

Thanks.

If its a Multi-entry B no need for re-entry. Single entry B you need re-entry permit or its back to square 1.

More info here

thetefldon wrote:

If its a Multi-entry B no need for re-entry. Single entry B you need re-entry permit or its back to square 1.

More info here

Thanks bro, got it.

I hold a Non-B visa and a work permit. i want to get my family to Bangkok, Thailand from Mumbai, India. can anyone help me with the process to do it? also do let me know what do i have to do for the visa extension once they are here.

Dear Pmioche,

Are you running out of places to bury your head and hide???  Could try outer space, I don't believe Child Support has THAT address...

I am coming to Thailand to run my UK web business from my Thai home or Thai office.  I will not be earning money directly from Thailand but may well be paying a Thai web company to do work for me?

What visa do you recommend I get?  I don't think I need a work visa.  I am guessing I need a visa that let's me come over to do business with Thai companies.  Thanks in advance.

karmafunk wrote:

I am coming to Thailand to run my UK web business from my Thai home or Thai office.  I will not be earning money directly from Thailand but may well be paying a Thai web company to do work for me?

What visa do you recommend I get?  I don't think I need a work visa.  I am guessing I need a visa that let's me come over to do business with Thai companies.  Thanks in advance.

Apply for a business visa.

You will need to apply for a business visa (as you are a business offering commercial terms to a Thai company and therefore operating in Thailand). Check out how profits for e-commerce or online services using local (Thai) servers is taxed. The placement of servers being used usually determines the domicile of the business.

Thanks for your reply both of you.

If I apply for a business visa do I need to have correspondence from Thai companies to show I am doing business in Thailand or can I just apply and tell them what my business is?

I am a 34 year old American Disabled Veteran on a Pension. I was told I could go to Penang on a VISA run and buy a 1 year Multi for 5700 baht is there any truth to this or will I as an American just have to continue making VISA runs every month.

Your visa info is the most complete I have seen and whips thaivisa.com hands down.  But you do have some errors.
1.  You mistakenly call the 30day visa exempt entry permit a "visa upon arrival."  These two are different and if the ignorant American, few are not, arrives at the airport, he will think he should stop and fill out the papers at the "Visa On Arrival" tables well marked as such.   Today, that is not necessary to get the 30day free entry permit.
But, check if the visa exempt permit can be extended without good cause, like illness, because I think not.

2.  You are short on retirement visa O-A info.  I can help you if you do email instead of this box.

3.  About 3 yrs ago, I saw a good friends ONE YEAR tourist visa in his passport granted with no fanfare at the Thai Consulate in Dallas.  This is something to investigate.  I saw the visa, so no hearsay.

4.  First paragraph...... foreigners living in Thailand do not have a RIGHT to stay here, only a permission.  This is a real misleading error.

5.  Parag 5, note to get the multiple entry FIRST before leaving.

6.  Note that a "Transit Visa" is not necessary for travelers who stay in the isolated TRANSIT LOUNGES of the airport.  I think that, further, to enter Thailand beyond those lounges, does not use anything called a "transit visa" but must use the ordinary entry method of visa holder or visa exempt.

7.  Add a note about the POSSIBLE problems now days for repeated 30day visa exempt visitors, the end of the visa run, so called.    Add whatever is correct about entry by land different from entry by air.

8.  Note that one can look for work while holding the valid 30day entry permit.

9.  Make distinction of rules for Americans and rules for others which are often different.

10.  Research accurate info if there is such a thing as a NON relative sponsor ... someone not a relative can or can not "sponsor" a foreigners entry into Thailand.

You do almost say and should say BOLDLY that the ultimate authority for Thailand visas is best obtained directly and in person from a Thailand Embassy or consulate, and that that info is likely good only for the day it is obtained.  Take a photo of the person there dispensing the info and get name.  Note BOLDLY that these matters are always in flux and even more so now, mid-2014.  Good luck

I saw one Thailand visa in a passport that was good for one year and issued in Dallas consulate.  Three years ago.
Your multiple visa run days are over mid-2014.
As a young guy, you will need a new way to stay.

Quick question about the ED-Visas. Having a hard time finding this bit of info out, and I'm sure it will help others interested in the same visa. I'm hitting the ground on a single entry 60 day and a 30 day extension from immigration office to finish the paperwork at Chiang Mai University and make sure all my documents are sorted properly since I will be returning to the states for 1 1/2 months to get my ED-Visa and put some things in order.

One of the requirements on the ED-Visa is to show proof of income for the duration of your stay. Since I will actually be working on a degree at CMU, as well as my teaching certifications, I won't actually be working. Would they accept a bank statement in place of that over X amount of dollars in an American account? Or would this be a question for the Thai Consulate in Miami?

Hi All,

My husband just currently being sacked from the company. The company want to cancel his work permit, our visa in the passport is valid until 10 Oct. Due to our housing lease we need to stay in BKK for another 60 days, mean until end of Oct. We plan traveling overseas by end of September for and come back to get our furnitures then relocate by end of Oct. My questions is:

1. After work permits cancelled, is it automatic cancel our visa? Then what visa we should have?
2. Can we relocate (bring our furnitures) out of county, would it be an issue if we have tourist visa?
3. Any best advise for my current situations now? We have young kids and pet.

Thank you so much in advance!

Thanks for the info.. :)

must not listen u rumers go straight to immigration or contact a good laywer

yes the visa is automattically cancelled

get a 1 month extension

THAILAND IMMIGRATION, WORK PERMIT, RESIDENCY & SPONSORSHIP

Before we delve any deeper, there are several key points to constantly keep in mind regarding immigration and work permits in Thailand.

First, the right to live and the right to work in Thailand are two separate rights governed by separate laws and two separate government agencies: the Thai Immigration Office and the Thai Labor Department respectively. This is unlike say in the US where the right to live and right to work are merged into one document called a Permanent Resident Card or “Green Card” and is issued by one agency. Thai law requires an expat wishing to work in Thailand to secure both an immigration visa and work permit before starting to work in Thailand.

Second, the Thai authorities define work very broadly. Even part-time workers and unpaid volunteers involved in charitable services are regarded as engaging in work and must typically obtain a visa and work permit. An exception for a work permit is possible if a person has been invited to work by the Thai Government. Business travelers visiting Thailand to perform urgent business and needing to stay for a short period of time (i.e., less than 2 weeks) must technically obtain a temporary work permit (see the second Q&A below).

Third, immigration visas are valid only for 1 (one) year, and must be extended or renewed on an annual basis. Work permits are normally valid for 1 (one) year as well, but the Labor Department can issue 2 (two) year work permits as well.

Can my foreign wife and child also stay on my Thai investment visa?