Getting furniture to Morroco from USA

I'm hoping I can find someone who can help me figure out the best way to bring a few items from USA to Morocco. I will be moving to Morocco in December with my fiance who is from there. I know I won't be able to bring all my furnishings from here but am desperate to find a safe and reliable way to get some sentimental things over there! I want to move my antique hope chest my great grandmother gave me with me. It is about 5 feet long, 3 feet high, and 2 foot across. I am thinking putting it in some sort of container will be best. Also if we could find a cargo place that can ship us the container we can also fill it with boxes of our excess clothing and a few boxes of stuff from our home here. It doesnt matter how long it takes to get to us just as long as it is safe and taken care of. Please someone offer some advice, I'm totally lossed and already stressing out! I know it is awhile away but I want to have all the details in place so ease my worrying :) Thank you!!

Hi alpinney,

You may contact our moving partner: https://www.expat.com/en/movers/africa/morocco/

Thank you.

I can't recommend a company for you because I moved from france not the the states. But I can give you a few tips.

1) Choose a recognized moving company as then you will have less problems with customs
2) We found that most moving companies offer minimum space of 5m cubes for a set price. This is actually pretty big so we managed to fit all our personal belongings plus some large pieces of furniture and art. Plus the company we used collected it from our apartment in France and delivered it at the apartment in Morocco and they managed passing our stuff through customs.
3) Label all you boxes and have a list with what you put in every box. You will need it for customs.
4) If you do not have a residency for morocco, you will not be able to pass your stuff through customs. Luckily my partner is moroccan so we sent everything in his name.
5) Ramadam is coming up and the whole shipping and customs process in Morocco practically stops during this time, then there is a back log after. Just be aware that if your stuff arrives here in July or the beginning of August it will take a while to receive it.

Good luck with your move!

Hello,
First, welcome to Morocco !
I used to live in US and came back to Morocco four years ago. You should know that you can get papers from Moroccan embassy so that you can bring all your furniture without paying customs fees. You need to make a detailed list with all items and get it stamped at the embassy (your fiance can do that if he is resident of citizen of US). The best moving company I used twice is Allied Pickford. They come to your home, pack everything professionally, and fill either 20 or 40 foot container and you only need to receive it at the port of entry (Casablanca). You only pay very small fees for whoever will take care of your exit from the port. I used 40 foot container and it did cost me less than $ 3000. So you should think about actually bringing most of what you will need. Furniture and house appliances, kitchen stuff, Linen, bed stuff and curtains are more expensive in Morocco. Pay attention to power in US its 110 volts in Morocco its 220 V.
Check with shipping companies in NYC, they are usually cheaper than other states and go for house to port because you will love the way they will pack your stuff. I moved twice all my 4BR house and not a single item was damaged !

All the best

Karim

Hi,

I reside in Dania Beach, Florida, and I plan to relocate to Tangier by mid or end of 2015.

If the place or the timing coincide with yours, would it be possible to combine our move
to cut down on the cost, and also to support one another?

Hi my name is Fatima I like to take my house furniture to my country and I want to know the companies that can do that with a good prices . Please

Someone has already mentioned a company and costs above.