Life in Durban...

Hello, everybody!! My husband just received a job offer in Durban, for a salary of about 15.000 Rand... I don't know anything about this part of world... but friends told us that is a dangerous place, low standards etc... I don't want to decide until I know the real facts. SO: how is life in Durban? I mean safety, economic, weather... everything you think is important for such a big decision. Thank you very much for any answers!!!

Durban is great lots of good weather lovely beaches ....crime well it all depends get security the police are very hard working I would hate their job! but otherwise the salary is too low!You can not survive on such a low wage..... good luck! We going to Canada I can not wait....by the way I am from Durban!

Hello Danik,   I have lived and worked in Durban for many many years.   It is an lovely city, although I have noticed deterioration in the CBD.   Like many places there is crime, but we just have to be intelligent about where and when we wander around alone.  The weather is awesome but it does get a bit humid during summer.  The winters are to die for. Salaries, well salaries are not that good and the cost of living is high.  But all said and done, every situation is what you make of it and there is nothing you cannot overcome if you put your mind to it.  I wish you everything of the very best and enjoy your stay.