South Africa Immigration - Spouse Visa & Child dual citizenship
Okay, its difficult to find a straight answer on this. I am trying to find out what I need to do and how long it might take to do the following.
Married Couple - almost 5 years married
Female - British Citizen
Male - Dual SA & British Citizen
Child - born in Britain (will be a newborn - only a couple of months old at time of move)
Want to move to South Africa
1) Apply for a British Passport for baby
2) Apply for a SA spousal visa for me
3) Apply for South African citizenship for baby
1) Do you know how long it takes to get a UK passport for baby while we are still in the UK?
2) Can I apply for a SA temporary resident (spouse) visa and a permanent resident (spouse) visa at the same time from the UK?
3) Can I apply for a temporary visa once we are married for 5 years?
4) Can I move to South Africa on the temporary visa and then receive the permanent visa while I am in South Africa?
5) If I cant apply for a temporary visa can I move to South Africa on a tourist visa while waiting for the permanent visa to come through.
6) How long after receiving the temporary and/or permanent visa do I have to arrive in South Africa?
7) Can our child travel with us to South Africa on the UK passport before we have them registered in South Africa?
8) Will the baby require a visa? Or are they automatically allowed through my husband's citizenship or my spouse visa to come with us?
9) Can I apply for South African citizenship for baby while in UK and finish it in South Africa if we have to move before it is finalised? (Is it based to start this process in the UK or wait until South Africa).
10) In the UK who do I need to contact to do all these things!
Phew! Just a few things! Thanks for any help you can give.
Last edited by pikkewyntjie (24 January 2012 09:34:44)