Looking for a chef job is Andalusia Spain

I 35 years old and am currently looking to relocate to Spain with my son. I am looking for full time position as a chef in Andalusia Spain.

I am a highly motivated, keen, enthusiastic and reliable individual. I consider myself to be an excellent chef with 20 years experience, I have vast experience and knowledge of the industry and I have a diverse range of skills both front and back of house. I am committed to continued personal & professional development and have a good eye for detail and appreciation for excellent service and quality.

I have experience of many different types of world cuisine and pride myself on being able to produce a quality product in even the most challenging circumstances. I also have a keen interest in Healthy eating and have been Executive Head Chef at Crystal Palace Football Club, responsible for feeding the players a healthy, well balanced, nutritional menu at their training ground and stadium as well as catering for large functions and conferences at the Stadium to corporate and private clients.

I have been responsible for many high profile events in the music industry and have knowledge, skills and experience in large volume catering. I have been responsible for a number of chefs and am able to lead and motivate a team to achieve and produce quality products within parameters set out by the client.

At present my Spanish language skills are basic however, I am able to pick up and learn languages quite quickly and have a keen interest in learning and continuing to develop my skills further.

Hi Gemma76, have you tried to post an advert in Andalusia classifieds? This may help.;)

Harmonie.

I don't understand your post Gemma.

If you are looking to relocate to Brazil why are you looking for a job in Andalucia - where incidentally jobs are somewhat thin on the ground, and have been for some time due to the current economic downturn.

I don't see the connection between your proposal to move to Portuguese speaking Brazil and currently job hunting in Spanish Andalucia, when you are based in London.

However given your extensive experience, I would have thought some of the larger English speaking hotels on the resorts may be a good place to start by sending your CV. 

As you may be aware even the smallest Spanish bar is capable of providing tasty tapas, whatever meal you require if they have the ingredients, and the chef may well just be someone's relative used to home cooking.

One of our Spanish friends was a Madrid-qualified chef, but in the end he chucked his bar because it wasn't profitable enough.  Like any industry in Andalucia at the moment, times have been hard in catering for some time.

Hi Gemma,

Just to clarify, you are definitely looking to relocate to Spain and not Brazil?

If so I would be interested in having a chat with you, I have a restaurant in Andalusia and I am looking for a chef.

I have just registered on this blog, so not sure how you can contact me.

Dear JS23,

I am looking to relocate to Spain, I did post two different blogs looking for work in two different countries but have settled on Spain now.  I have had acouple of interviews this week for positions in Nueva Andalusia and would be happy to talk to you about the position that you have.  You can contact me by email [email protected].  I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Kind regards
Gemma Hammond

Hi Gemma,

I have emailed you.

Thanks

JS

Hi Gemma, I'm opening a restaurant in puertabuenos and I'm looking for a chef, the restaurant opens on Wednesday. I appreciate that you wouldn't be able to come out at a moments notice but I'd be very interested to speak to you. My name is john Kavanagh and my contact number is 00353 86 1724828.

Thanks and regards

John

Hello John!  :cheers:

Thank you for participating on this thread, however kindly note that the initial post from Gemma is 2 and a half years old!

If you have a Chef position, maybe you could place an advert in our section Chef job offers in Andalusia

Regards
Kenjee