Moving to lanrivain

Hi all we are moving to lanrivain in April this year please does anyone live near there? We are in our 50s and would like to meet new people. Also could anyone help regarding jobs I have been told that I can take a 2 month intense course in French and after that take a test then would get work.  In this life I run a residential home for the elderly has any one got any advice for me to help!
I we are so looking forward to our new life. One last question we only have about a transit size van full of items to come over are we better off doing this ourselves on the shuttle or do we get some one else to do it for us! Sorry for all the questions! Diane Peter

Good morning - I suppose you meant "could get work" instead of "would ..."

Have you started learning French yet? The BBC website is as good a place as any to start. You will only learn the basics in a 2 month course.
Have you searched on the internet for old folks homes in the area?
Have you asked someone in a French consulate or embassy to translate your various qualifications and CV into French?
You will also need a covering letter for job applications - une lettre de motivation.
You can also start having a look at jobs in your area on the pole emploi website.

There are quite a few expats in Brittany - never quite understood why anyone from the UK would want to change one cold and wet area for another - but this could provide employment opportunities for English speaking care staff. But bear in mind that French employers usually prefer taking on French nationals. Even more so in times of economoic difficulty.

Have you told Newcastle about your planned move to discuss health care? If your or your husband's NI contributions are up to date you should be granted up to 2 years' cover (but only 70% - private insurance needed for other 30%). After that, no work here means no health care - so full private insurance needed.

Good luck in your preparations

Ian

Thankyou