Housewife, Hep B carrier, IQAMA in KSA

Hi All,
Can a housewife with Hep B come and live with her husband in KSA? I am offered a job(engineer) in KSA, and moving soon. I am wondering if my wife can live (get iqama) in KSA. She is hep B carrier, but not infectious(not trasnmitting to others),

did you have or hear similar cases for KSA?

Hello silverzone and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

You will have to talk to you personal department about this. They might be able to help you out..

they are very strict about this so ask around

thank you all for the replies,

I asked the same question to my future company, they said there is no problem with them (only employees should not carry Hep B), but concerning the residency of my spouse in kSA they could not be sure, and they said it depends on the decision of officials.

I am  wondering if anybody in this forum had an/or heard similar cases,

cheers,

Hello,

i am going through the same problem, as my husband working in Riyadh and i am HCv pos but my PCR is clear , i am not carrying  infection. i just want to know the outcome of your problem. Whether
a housewife with basic HCV test positive can get iqama or what procedure   you follow. please anyone can help.i am in great distress.

If the medical test at the embassy approved medical center fails you then you cant get the visa processed. If they pass you then you can get the visa.

This is what I found on the internet:

Assalam O alaikum!

For Family Visa Only.

I had submitted several letters to Embassy along with the visa and unfit medical report as follows:

1- Declaration from my company for my family details (Arabic attested from chamber)
2- Medical cards/ Insurance certificate
3- Letter from My employer stating my position salary and family status (Hosue Wife)/ insurance provided by the company (English on company letter head and company stamp)
4- Letter from my side declaring my wife as house and will not work in Saudi (Attested from Chamber).

After submitting all these documents i had requested to Medical centre to online the unfit report.

Note: I had prepared all these documents same as submitted by the lady was having ubfit report for “X-ray findings” and she got the visa.

Alhamdulillah the whole process took only 40 days from the date of Visa issuance till family arrived in Saudi.

hope it helps

Dear babygirl3
thanks for valuable remarks and information.
after bringing the family in saudia . did you face any problem as medical is also needed  here before the iqama issuance .
how did you make health insurance while your family is still outside saudia. what kind of insurance it was . general or specific for hepatitis.
kindly answer as these question coming to our minds.
regards

I people i have a job offer from KSA. My wife will be joining me however, she is Hep B carrier. Wh.en doctors screens her for HBs,Ag she comes "reactive". when they do a thorough test. Her Hep BeAntigen is "nonreactive" and Hep BeAntibody is "Reactive".

Can anyone help me in knowing whether I can get her housewife visa or not in KSA.
I am looking for some learned advice not guess work. Thanks

Actually it's highly risk, as she will make a medical test prior to issue her Iqama, or later if any medical center discovered that and proved this infection before coming here, you and the medical center who make the Iqama tests will face legal problems could cause you to jail and getting out of Saudi.

hi dear.
as for as I know, hep B has many forms.some contagious and some much less called  carrier stage.
from  the information you have provided .anyways she seems to have carrier stage. if she is not going to work here .
she is your dependant and she has all the rights to stay here in saudia with you. you need to talk to your work place about the issue.
my friends wife has hep C infection in much worse form .and she is staying here on iqama even she is under treatment .
can you tell me which country you belong to .
regards

People with this infection living here and coming here  :)

Hi silverzone & iac.
what is the result of your blog.
Does the things are fine, and does Hep B + housewife can get visa in KSA,
please update.

Good day all, I'm very interested in result of this topic. I will really appreciate if you post any update on this.

Plz keep this topic alive and post your feedback in order to help others,
thanks

Officially those are not eligible for Saudi visa:

• HIV; positive

• RPR/Syphilis; positive

• Hepatitis B antigen; positive

• Hepatitis C; positive.

It all depends on your luck when she is performing her medical examination prior to apply for the visa, and after she arrives in Saudi as there will be another medical examination on arrival to apply for the IQAMA.

Unfortunately there is nothing for granted in this issue even with personal experiences. It's a risk take it or leave it.

Good luck!

Re: housewife, Hep B carrier, IQAMA in KSA

This is what I found on the internet:

Assalam O alaikum!

For Family Visa Only.

I had submitted several letters to Embassy along with the visa and unfit medical report as follows:

1- Declaration from my company for my family details (Arabic attested from chamber)
2- Medical cards/ Insurance certificate
3- Letter from My employer stating my position salary and family status (Hosue Wife)/ insurance provided by the company (English on company letter head and company stamp)
4- Letter from my side declaring my wife as house and will not work in Saudi (Attested from Chamber).

After submitting all these documents i had requested to Medical centre to online the unfit report.

Note: I had prepared all these documents same as submitted by the lady was having ubfit report for “X-ray findings” and she got the visa.

Alhamdulillah the whole process took only 40 days from the date of Visa issuance till family arrived in Saudi.

hope it helps

PLZ FOLLOW THIS EMAIL.
THANKS

Hi everyone,

I'm in a similar position - I am planning to join my husband in KSA, however my blood test results show anti-HCV positive. I have undergone the treatment so the virus itself is undetected, but antibodies remain present. The visa agency assured me that there should not be any problems getting the visa, as long as I will not seek any kind of employment in KSA (from what I understood, it's only the work visas that get denied if any kind of hepatitis tests positive). They have also advised me to get a letter from my doctor explaining why my anti-hcv is positive, and get it translated and legalized, just in case.
I should be going to UK in a couple of weeks for my medicals and visa, will keep you posted.

:)

no feedback so far from any one?

Hi all,

So, after two weeks of nervous waiting, I have finally received an e-mail that the visa has been issued  :D . Better start giving away heavy coats and cardigans and get ready for sunny climes :) .
Both the visa services agent and the doctor I've seen in London have said that they hardly ever have any issues with residency visas being denied because of medical test results. HIV is of course a big no-no, as well as TB, but positive hepatitis test results will only cause denial of the visa if you're seeking work permit. So anyone coming on a family visa should be fine, especially if further tests show that virus is treated/ non-reacted (it would be good to have those further tests done prior to the medical and have the results with you).

Good luck everyone, maybe see you in Saudi some day ;)

Hi Showkat,

I am also facing same problem, my wife is tested HCV Pos. Can you please share your contact number, to know how you were able to resolve the issue.

Regards

Zafarullah

sakhawat ali wrote:

Dear MrsNorris,
                         For your kind information, i visited many medical centers in Riyadh-Saudi arabia to get information about dependent's medical test. Most of medical centers told me their is no problem for dependent's (wife and children) Hepatitus, B and C even if both are positive too   :)  But HIV AIDS patient no exempted...  And you know here online medical report system is implemented for all but only for dependents this exempted.. you know why?? so that dependents could be able to get iqama (even hepatitus positive people).. But this is my assumption. My wife will join me after few days.
Kindly Pray for us too..

Hi Showkat,

I am also facing same problem, my wife is tested HCV Pos. Can you please share your contact number, to know how you were able to resolve the issue.

Regards

Zafarullah

I am from Pakistan and wife is in home country. I am working in jubail. I have sent you PM (private message) with contact details.

I will try to make above letters from my company & want to do what you doing.

deltoid wrote:

no feedback so far from any one?

Hi,

I have completed my medicals here in Saudi and got my iqama last week. Again, I have spoken to a Saudi doctor here in Dammam, and he basically said the following:
for non-employment visas, positive hep c and hep b results should not cause visa cancellation as long as the virus has been treated and is non-reactive. If the virus has been treated, the antibody test will still show positive, but further tests (like PCR and RNA) will be negative. I am not sure if they do these tests during medicals in Saudi, but in any case they will run a general blood test which will show elevated liver enzymes levels if the virus is still active. I would therefore strongly suggest that your wife gets the treatment in her home country before applying for a Saudi visa - it will take a while, I had to go through almost a year of injections and pills, but it's absolutely worth it.

Please keep in mind that the above only applies for family visas - any work visa will most likely be cancelled if hep b or c is positive. I assume this is because one comes into contact with more people at a working environment, and therefore poses a greater threat for spreading the virus, especially if working in a medical/ food industry.

Hi Mrs Norris you got your iqama thorugh normal medical test can u please help to me know the process. I need a little help as having same situation.

Good day Zafar hope fine, can you please update me what happened with your request.

it means heptitus be carrier with PCR report ok cant get work visa fro sauida? in Qatar and UAE they allowed work visa with these conditions if one is not going to work in food or hospitals.

Kindly Help me

I have A serious Problem regarding Visa of Family visa.

A friend of mine has got yellow page for the visa of his wife. she has got a problem in her medical test. Her VDRL is reactive. Further tests to verify VDRL for syphilis like TPHA and Abs were also performed in which she has been declared negative with no such symptoms. according to Drs. this VDRL is FALSE POSITIVE.

I would like to ask you that can she be given visa in this case when her VDRL is Reactive and the rest of the test are negative and non reactive.?   

Kindly help me in this regard.

Hi harismawh,

I will say its possible.

Even when she is declared UNFIT for VDRL & further tests reveal that this is false postive the please do below things to get your visa stamped:

1) Make a explaination letter / certificate from Doctor explaining why it is false positive.
2) Make a letter (attested by chamber) from husband company in KSA stating that wife will not seek employment in KSA.
3) Get insurance letter & card stating that she will be covered medically in KSA.

Get these letters and apply for visa through any agent with same UNFIT medical report and IN SHA ALLAH your visa will be stamped by the embassay.

Regards

Ikbal

Dear Mr.zafarullahiqubal

Thank you for your post about visa issue.
I plan to work in KSA and my wife will also stay with me.
My concern is whether my wife get  iqama or not, because she is positive Hepa-b (inactive).
Would you please give me more information, particularly for iqama ?
If I submit the documents of (1)~(3), you mentioned, my wife could get iqama?

Hi All,

I live in Riyadh and my wife is in Pakistan. In her medical test she got a positive result on ANTI HCV test for HEP C. she does not have the infection currently but had in 2010 and is fully cured.

Can any one tell me an agent who can assist in getting the visa stamped in karachi pakistan. I have already taken the yellow visa slip in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and send it to karachi.

I have heard that if the medical report with an unfit result is officially submitted in the consulate, the visa is rejected and you are blacklisted.

Please assist.

hammmu wrote:

Hi All,

I live in Riyadh and my wife is in Pakistan. In her medical test she got a positive result on ANTI HCV test for HEP C. she does not have the infection currently but had in 2010 and is fully cured.

Can any one tell me an agent who can assist in getting the visa stamped in karachi pakistan. I have already taken the yellow visa slip in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and send it to karachi.

I have heard that if the medical report with an unfit result is officially submitted in the consulate, the visa is rejected and you are blacklisted.

Please assist.

Hi harismawh,

I will say its possible.

Even when she is declared UNFIT for VDRL & further tests reveal that this is false postive the please do below things to get your visa stamped:

1) Make a explaination letter / certificate from Doctor explaining why it is false positive.
2) Make a letter (attested by chamber) from husband company in KSA stating that wife will not seek employment in KSA.
3) Get insurance letter & card stating that she will be covered medically in KSA.

Get these letters and apply for visa through any agent with same UNFIT medical report and IN SHA ALLAH your visa will be stamped by the embassay.

Regards

Ikbal

plz any 1 who have info about this I have the same problem can I get iqama in ksa to live with my husband?? plz help :sosad: