Insurance

Could someone advise me on obtaining basic insurance in Croatia. I am looking at a temporary residency for reunification of family and in applying for my temp residency - they require insurance.  Could someone help me navigate where I need to obtain this?

Hi, I am in the process of getting my temporary stay too. This is what happened to me: at the police station (thatŽs where you are supposed to apply for it) they told me I needed an insurance in order to get it and when we went to the Health Insurance Office to pay for it, they said I was supposed to have the residency first in order to have the insurance. So I went back to the police station, applied for my temporary stay and I will be able to have the insurance only when I have the residency.

Can I ask what you reasoning is for temporary stay? Was it hard to get?

It was reunification of family - my husband is Croatian. It was not hard to get, I applied for it in December (at the end of the 90 days) and I was allowed to remain in the country. Last week a police employee came to our place to check if I really live with my husband and said everything was ok and I would get it in a week or two.

I'm jealous. I'm going to have a tougher time I think. :-/

As I have already said, I think things will change after Croatia enters the European Union - in July 2013.
By the way, do you need a passport or an ID to enter Croatia?

I have a passport and am under the understanding that I can stay for 90 days before needing temp stay. I am hoping for employment to allow me to stay and work. My boyfriend is under a temp stay for scientific research. We are trying to look for any employment - but only speaking English and working in healthcare in the states- has been difficult. It is hard to work in healthcare in another country due to liscense issues.

What about being an English teacher? Have you tried?