Changing Family Visit Visa to Dependent Visa

Hey guys I just want to ask a question if there is possibility to transfer my family visit visa to dependent visa? My profession in my iqama is Engineer.Is it possible to transfer even without "exit" for my family? what are the requirements may be?thanks a lot and hope to hear it from you guys...

Hi @alexis,
Not feeling good to tell you that the law doesn't allow this. The only way is to apply for a permanent visa and let them come back on that.

I agree with @The Legend.

In order to get a dependent visa for your family, they should come back from the point of origin. Your employer should give you a family status in order to apply for a dependent visa for your family.

i had to go thru the same process...family had to exit and re-enter with istiqdam visa. gind out from ur government relation officer if u can do the change in bahrain or emirates as it is much closer.

hi., i have the same question and i heard yesterday that they are already allowing all expat to transfer their family visit visa to be dependent visa without leaving country... this is not yet confirm, but that guy said that he is sure about it.,

jeyem wrote:

hi., i have the same question and i heard yesterday that they are already allowing all expat to transfer their family visit visa to be dependent visa without leaving country... this is not yet confirm, but that guy said that he is sure about it.,

These are all rumours. Visa type conversions are either very hard or impossible.