How available is internet service in Lagos?

I will be going to Lagos for work soon and rely very heavily on the internet for keeping in touch with family. How easy is it to get connections there?  Are there many public places like bars or restaurants where you can hook up?

Is internet is v costly in Nigeria ?

any idea..

wats the average speed of internet..

20,000 naira for MTN and Etisalat USB Internet (similar to tataphoton) but speed is not good. and expensive as well.
forget about hooking out in Nigeria. Armed Robber can show up any where any time and robberies, killing and kidnapping are so common

internet in lagos does not cost much.

bocephus wrote:

I will be going to Lagos for work soon and rely very heavily on the internet for keeping in touch with family. How easy is it to get connections there?  Are there many public places like bars or restaurants where you can hook up?

Internet services are readily available in Lagos. Cost varies from N5,000 - N20,000 or more monthly depending on what hours (duration) you need. Price varies from service providers

MTN, Etisalat, Starcomms etc are examples of Service providers.

There are alot of bars you can hang out in especailly in Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Awolowo road etc
For your own safety dont hang out in Public Places like bars and resturants alone without  (company of someone else like colleague or a trusted friend) even in VI, Ikoyi etc.

Internet connections are supposed to be getting faster and cheaper with the new submarine links (Main One and Glo One).  And when you get to Lagos, your work colleagues should be able to show you the ropes and take you out.  Lagos can be so much FUN!

That is basicly $120.00 in US dollars?

Hi I am using swift network and I pay around 50 dollars for 34 GB package night. 24 hrs package are a bit expensive. Night plan is good because most of the time we are in the office and it works 24hrs on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays. Data from network operators is very expensive.

Try the new swift. Works only in lagos but good. 7000 naira for 14GB 24/7 per month.

I paid Naira 8,000 per month (USD50) on Etisalat dongle go anywhere
It is enough to keep in touch with family, just
Rain stops play
There is Swift modem at home or office, a little better for speed
eg Forget doing an on line masters degree in Nigeria
Internet is bad

I pay 555 Swedish kronor (equivalent to 20000 naira) for my internet every month. It is a high speed. no interruptions. however, I do think it is quite expensive. If I could get same speed in Lagos, I don't mind paying the 20000. Iam moving back home soon hence the reason I began to research about everything having lived abroad forever.

Hello Welcome to Nigeria ,
You get very good internet service available  it depends where you r staying
With in Lagos  The best is   IPNX Fibber optic  15K.naira  you get 80GB +40 GB off time 30Mbs speed
Then in WIFI -4G lite  excellent all over Nigerai
1, SWFIT   2, Spectra , 3, Etisald ,4, Aircel . 5, GLO there are many new comers too
It all up to you how much you can afford