Lonely in Glasgow

Hello there! I am from St.Pete, Florida living in Glasgow with my husband. Ive been here for quite some time but find it hard to make friends with the locals,since I dont share the  same interests. I am looking to meet some american folks who want to go shopping or get a coffee. Anything to get me out of the house! thanx!

Hi

How you doing? :-)

Michelle

hello there. I am doing alright. How are you?

Ok, freezing my African butt off in North Scotland. That's what happens when you marry a highlander. ;-) Still, it is beautiful!

Sorry I can't suggest any Americans in your area. All the far-flung people I know are online and far away themselves. First few years here the internet kept me sane. The people are lovely, but you still feel like an alien at first. Moving continents is sressful!

Hi there. Just saw your post today and was thinking the same thing. I have been living in Glasgow for 5 years, married to a scotsman and havent met anyone interesting, or with my interests, in all this time. I was born in Venezuela but raised in Miami, Florida. I would love to meet up with you for a coffee and chat. My mobile number is 07543615101 and my name is Jenny.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Cheers!:)

Hey everybody. I just moved to Glasgow in September for postgrad studies. I'm from Tampa. If anyone wants to hang out that would be great. I don't really know any Americans over here.
Jim

Glasgow is the pits but most other parts of Scotland are good so I would suggest you do some exploring. If you like scenery and wildlife try Oban and the Isle of Mull.

Hi I am not American but also found it hard to really befriend the people I met, its just lose contacts mainly but I miss having some female friends who share some of my interests. Anyone who is interested, send me a message and we can take it from there :)

fidobsa wrote:

Glasgow is the pits but most other parts of Scotland are good so I would suggest you do some exploring. If you like scenery and wildlife try Oban and the Isle of Mull.

Nice scenery in Oban but its the pits too if you live there. Glasgow has a lot of nice places

You guys should move to Edinburgh then :))

Much better!!! lol

anyway....

Hi everyone,

I've been living in Glasgow for some months now. I'm here doing a PhD and find it difficult to find Latin Americans let alone Venezuelans anywhere. I'm up for a coffee if anyone wants to meet up.

Hello

I'm considering a move in the near future so I thought I'd check out this forum. I'm wondering what it feels like to be in a strange country with no friends or family. How easy is it for you? It's a really big decision so, I'm going to seek out as much info as I can before making the leap.

Thanks sincerely

Rachel