Nominal Salary in USD for Iraq- Suli

Hello all,

I am in process of moving to Iraq-suli. where i am expecting a job in multinational mobile telecommunication company. for a permanent job.

I was wondering what could be the nominal range of salary which can be considered as a decent package for a 6+ years experience person. i mean the position will be middle management of the organization.

Currently they are offering me near around 4K USD per month which i think is not enough to live along with my family.

Currently i am in the phase of negotiation, your help would be very much appreciated.

Br.
Ali

It depends on housing. If housing is given by them 4000USd is Ok. But be aware that rents are between 500USD-4000USD depending where you want to live. They should give also a car for you.

it must be really booming there,,.i never know why people are concerned about costs,.i always got the JOB FIRST ,.i  often  eat so chap,.,u got to have a flexible attitude and be prepared to  BACKPiNG can go foreign country nd usually find good places so CHEAP  NO ONE WOULD BELEIVE ME,.   ,..

Hi,

People can live here with 1000USD salary, but the thing is if you are used to eat out with your family, to have every weekend lots of fun, to drink some alcohol every night you need more than this.
Eat out per person form 4USD- 50USD. (50USD at 5 star Hotel), 4 USD Fast food at Mall)
Beer, Whisky and others are much cheaper than any European Country, Cigarettes also. Cigarettes 1USD, Whiskky 1L 25USD.
Playing Billard 10USD per hour, in some places cheaper.
all others like  food, Cleaning materaial etc. like in your own countr. Not more.
Ice skating for 20 min is 5USD
Internet very slow for one month unlimited 150 USD, 512/128. There are some cheaper but very very slow
Alone you'll need between 500-1000 USD monthly if you coming alone, and accomodation is given by the hotel. A Construction worker from Turkey gets paid 1500 USD. But a secretary who knows English gets paid around 1000-1500 USD. Engineer salary is at least 1500. Managers are getting about double of it. If its foreign engineer or manager than the salary is again about double.

Hi guys,

I got a job offer from a new opening hotel in Erbil for salary of 800$ per month. the job position is Marketing Manager. the company will take care of my accommodation and food; so the net salary is 800$.
I just wanna know is this enough for a management position and can I save some money out of this salary amount? Should I accept?

@sanzi - Avoid copy/paste and ducplicates please : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=178493;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

What expected salary in Iraq oil field the position Procurement Supervisor
they offered my 6K USD
Please advise

Thanks
Mohamed

dear Brother this is a good salary.
If you know any warehose& Logistic job pelas tell me my Cellno. is +971 527 651 822

thanks
Muhammad Ajmal

Hey Usman hope you have finalized everything and will be in suly soon. if the company is paying for house than it seems ok. Although for real multinational company the average rate is 5-6 k + USD. you can text me for detail I am in same field and in Suly.

Hi All ..
I need your help in this, my husband has a 7 years experience in telecommunications sector as a team leader ( not manager ).
he was offered about 4K USD monthly with a title manager in a very reputable company.
we are seeking to save money, minimum 1500 USD per month, considering that the salary is inclusive of all living costs, accommodation and car. is this enough ? and can we save from the whole thing ?
PS : we don't have any children, and not intending to have one before 2 years.

Hi Reemhan

I guess the most expansive thing in Kurdistan is the residence, but still 4K is good salary. I am very hopeful being without kid you can easily safe your target of 1500+ USD. Good luck.

That sounds very low to me... Make sure you get transportation + accommodation + yearly air ticket home + Medical + i hear school is super expensive. Things are not cheap at all here for the sort of life style here... Beware very smart people, make sure everything is on black and white paper.

I have no idea whats the salary there but would like to know since I need a job.

I am logistics backgrounded. Are you seeking US expats?

Hi, How is the situation in Erbil now as there is a war going on in Iraq.
Thanks in advance.

Hello! Everyone, I am a mechanical engineer from pune India, I got a job offer for Suleymaniyah location so could anyone tell me what is average salary there in USD if company provides medical+accommodation+transport.
I have 3 years work experience in the same field so how much should I expect? Please let me know . Also I would like to know whether it is safe to move there or not?

Hello Everyone,

I want to work in Kurdistan.
I have 15 yrs hotel experience on Managerial level
Housekeeping senior supervisor   +
Guest Relations and Customer care service Manager

I speak 3 languages Arabic, English and Indian

How can I get a job in Erbil........PLEASE GUIDE

Hi
Where your staying in Erbil , I got an offer from Erbil differed around 3k usd is this good package to accept.

Hello giys i am looking for the job in Iraq again. I used to work in Taji as Warehouseman for 4 yrs.

@pravin36 > you are off topic. For your job search, you should post an ad in the jobs in Iraq section. Good luck.