How to find a teaching job in Barbados

Happy New Year Everyone,

A while back I posted a blog/discussion regarding teaching in Barbados and haven't had much of a reply from anyone, so I am attempting again.

Can anyone direct me or suggest possible ways of applying for primary teaching positions on the island.

I am a qualified teacher from England and have been teaching for the past 5 years. I have recently moved back home to Canada but the educational field in Canada currently is saturated and there isn't much of a chance of getting a teaching job unless I want to be a supply teacher (not really).

So, I have decided to look to my roots and have made the decision to move to Barbados. I am a Bajan citizen so I don't have to worry too much about visas and all sorts. However, I would like to know when the closing date for teaching is as I would like to start teaching as of September 2012.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with any one who can lend their expertise or steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance
Bajangirl

Hello Bajangirl, do not forget that you may also post an advert in Barbados classifieds > Jobs section, this may help.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie for the advice. I will look into that as well.

hi, just wondering if you were able to find a teaching job in barabdos yet?

Hi bajant,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to create a new topic on the Barbados forum, as this topic you posted on is from 2012.

Thank you,

David.