Hi....from Singaporean in Perth

I have 2 kids in uni here - moved here 6 months ago from Singapore  I hope to make friends and do volunteer work within the local community  here.

Hello Jenny Tan and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Perth forum for better visibility.

A longer introduction maybe?;)

Harmonie.

Hi Jenny,

I too am Singaporean, am in my late 30s; still single, am a professional and would love to expand my social circle. Am wondering if you are open to friendship?

Sue

Hi Sue and Jenny,

I am a Singaporean too, but moving to Melbourne around next year. Just wondering why everybody is moving to Perth? I thought Melbourne (Eastern Australia) is so much more interesting than in Western Australia.

I am in my mid 30s, moving first by my own, before my family join me say a year later.

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

I prefer the lifestyle, weather and people in WA than Melbourne.

Best Wishes
Sue

hi Joshua,
sue's right about the weather and lifestyle, especially if you have young kids. probably more jobs in WA due to the mining. there's also the fact that s'pore is only 4/5 hrs away and in the same time one.

sue: would like to make new friends too... have you lived Perth long?

I am in the beginning process of applying PR.
I am looking towards Melbourne too.

I am from Singapore and applying PR through an Immigration Agency.

I hope to migrate there once I get my PR. My family and I hope to be there.

I need to make many friends to make my overall journey as pleasant as possible.

Hi AnfieldKnight,

Sounds good.
Wishing you all the best, and hope you can get your PR soon.

I got my PR in Jun 2010, but will be moving over to Melbourne either next year or the following year.

Joshua

joshuatan wrote:

Hi AnfieldKnight,

Sounds good.
Wishing you all the best, and hope you can get your PR soon.

I got my PR in Jun 2010, but will be moving over to Melbourne either next year or the following year.

Joshua

I am intending the same idea as you.

If all goes well.. I hope to move to Melbourne first.. and bring my family over..

How long you took to get your PR and what are you working as?

Hi AnfieldKnight,

I lodged the Australia PR application, on my own, at the end of Jan 2010, and got my PR in Jun 2010. So, it is around 5 months.
Now, it is even harder to apply for Australia PR. I suggest you wait till you get your Australia PR, before thinking of next step. I was working in the electrical engineering industry, now in the Property Management industry.

Joshua

Hi all,

seems like many of u are intending to get PR, just wondering what are the conditions needed to qualify as a PR. interested in getting PR too. thinking of working in aussie then apply.

on a side note,
i am a student heading over to UWA to study in july. just wondering if you guys might have an extra room to rent to me.

pls email me if you do a have a room. ([email protected])

Hi strictlypudding,

You can find all the information below for applying Australia PR:
http://www.immi.gov.au/

Usually, you will not get employ in Australia, unless you are a PR.

Joshua

joshuatan wrote:

Hi AnfieldKnight,

I lodged the Australia PR application, on my own, at the end of Jan 2010, and got my PR in Jun 2010. So, it is around 5 months.
Now, it is even harder to apply for Australia PR. I suggest you wait till you get your Australia PR, before thinking of next step. I was working in the electrical engineering industry, now in the Property Management industry.

Joshua

yes.. I am thinking of next step until I get PR on my hand..

It's fruitless to decide anything now though but envisioning it.

Since I have already started the process, I have to wait patiently.. I was told it may take up to 18 mths to get if all goes well. :)

Your application is very fast..

Hi AnfieldKnight,

I wish you all the best for your PR application.
Waiting for 18 months is quite normal now, just wait patiently.

Joshua