Got a job offer in Manila, need feedback!

Hello all!

Im currently speaking with a recruiter about a IT-Support/Call center job in Manila.

Salary : 75 000 Peso before tax, she said thats aproximatly 53 000 peso after tax.

Vacation : 20 days paid vacation/Year
40h/working week
Medical insurance provided by the company.
Office located in Makati/Manila.

They pay for the flight over, and they pay for one month accomodation once im there, untill i find my own place.

But 53 000 peso after tax must be a bit tough to live on in Manila im sure? I currently live in Bangkok/Thailand, and i never been to the Philippines, so any feedback would be greatly apriciated.

All the info i have come over indicates that this sum of money is way to low to live a decent life in Manila/Makati.

Hello SweRob,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Maybe you could have a look at the following thread "Cost of living", it might help you.

Wish you all the best.

Rouma

Ya, i saw that thread but it didnt make me any wiser about the living cost situation in Makati, if anyone has anymore feedback to give, it would be greatly apriciated..

53K is tough. Sure its a lot by local standards, but you are on survival mode.  If you pay 25k for a studio, then phone,utilities, cable, internet, water, gas, etc will run another 3k. So you have 20k to eat and entertain?  Forget about ever flying out of the country or saving a few pesos.

If your in Bangkok, cost of living is about the safe. So if you have a higher paying job in BKK, would stay there.  Plus, Thai food is a lot better than Philippino food.

man, that is a big salary.

Hi Jackdog - maybe you should know that this thread here is dated 2012 :)

I have been working to Makati for the past 3 years,     if you are single that all is enough for you to survive, but if you have a wife and kids to provide that will be a small amount to survive.

Breakdown as follows:
15-20k Studio Type/1 bedroom Apartment on a decent high-rise bldg like Cityland Makati depends on a the unit type
5k for electricity/water/postpaid plan phone with internet, if youre always at work you wont be using so much electricity at home.
2k for gas or lesser if your place would be near to your workplace
5k for your 1month budget meal

If you have a company issued car and phone that would be great..

So that i think are the basic needs to survive here.

This is enough to stay no worries .....