LOOKING TO GET A GOLDEN LABRADOR PUPPY!

Hi everyone,

We are looking to get a golden labrador puppy, if someone knows where we can get it or where a pets market or somebody breading them, please let us know by email: [email protected]

Best Regards,

Volha

Welcome to Expat.com Volha!

I invite you to post an advert in Abidjan classifieds > community section/ pets. Hope it helps.

Harmonie.:)

Thank you Harmonie, i`ve done it already, i receive message that post subject to approval, so i am waiting:)

Is it advisable to have a retriever as a pet in Daloa? Are good vet facilities available here? And will a retriever be able to adapt to the hot humid climate? Please advise. I live dogs, but very hesitant to get one..

Hi Aanshika, i cant share with you any experience, because we didnt get the dog.

Ohhh....Any specific reasons for that?
So, you have any pet now or no? Also, do you know anyone who currently has a golden retriever as pet?

We didnt found a good one in Abidjan, the ones we saw were not in a good shape,  and on top of this no proper documents, i think they had a fake Canine certificate, so we didnt risk, because in Europe the dog registration is very serious matter, and it would be difficult to travel after.

I am in contact with some people back home who have told me about a new litter of England retrievers. We are thinking about calling one to India, and then bringing the pup from India to Ivory Coast.  But as I said, I was not sure about the dog being able to adapt here, Plus I am not aware of good vet facilities in Daloa.

Hello Aanshika,

If you're talking about the breeds of Retrievers, with long coats such as the Golden Retriever, etc., then it is not advisable in extremely hot climates unless they are kept in well shaded areas, have free access to plenty of water and you do not exercise them in the heat. As they love to swim a costal city would be ideal. Goldens are very affectionate and social animals so they may want to constantly be indoors with you!

For short hair breeds like the Labrador Retreiver they are slightly less effected by the heat. Still it would probably be better to stick to local breeds that are more suitable to the local climate.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello James,

Thanks so much for the insight! Please advise which breed to go for? I do not want a Labrador or a Rottweiler.

Regards.