Motorcycle club

Hi All!  I am new in is forum and I would like to know if there are motorcycle clubs based in Ho Chi Minh.  I used to ride a 600cc bike in the Philippines and I would like to know how I could get a license to ride a super bike here.  I could not afford to buy a motor bike for now so I would also like to know if there are bikes (400cc up) for rent.

Hoping to hear from anybody here.

Cheers!

This is a link that might provide some of the information your looking for. The first part is in regards to importing, the 2nd part is the info about license's for big bikes:

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/Opin … Index.html

Foreigers are limited to engine capacities of 170cc unless you take a VN driving test, rather than using your overseas licence in a swap arrangement.

The kicker is with your Phils licence it comes into the ASEAN licence agreement that has come into operation. If you are staying here long term likely you need to get a VN licence.

According to VN law engine size is limited to that of the police machines - 500cc - although one character in HCMC has a reverse three-wheeler (two wheels in the front) that makes a lot of noise, occupies a lot of road space and can't legally exceed the speed limits of 40 or 60 kilometres per hour.

There are a number of 'chopper' shops in both HCMC and Ha Noi. I had my Kimco motor-scooter engine reworked to increase it's pulling capacity (I tow a trailer on long distance travel)by modding the ports, etc. along with exhaust system (still quiet). They also changed the Engine Control Computer EROM. It works like a charm, but I don't do it for speed.

At least you know they have the capability here.

There are illegal street races in HCMC on weekends, but since a traffic cop was killed by a racer, they have cracked down using large trucks to block roads.  The traffic police have several marked chase cars they have imported from the USA - the ones I saw parked in a police garage were Ford Mustang SSP (Google for details) but instead of concealed flashers, etc. they stick the usual VN police package on the roof.

Budman1 and Jaitch, thank you for your inputs.   

I would not want to own a bike here because I know it will be very expensive.  I would consider renting just for the weekend for a long trip or something.  My friends from the Phils would want to ride from HCM to Hanoi.  I know its a long way but these guys love riding. 

Anyway, I think we can only rent the usual motor bike here since there are restrictions of using a high displacement bike here in VN.  Will arrange something for them soon.

Thanks again!

I've rode many many types of bikes but I honestly cant see the need for anything with speed in saigon,unless of course you just wanna have a fast bike cause they are cool to look at which I can understand:D.
I think I will start of my saigon bike career with a typical 125,as they say when in rome eat lions and all that,lol.

Maybe once i'm use to the roads I will get myself something,still reitivly small but more bike looking if you know what I mean,and rat it up with a set of extra long chopper handle bars,long assed forks and a sissy bar,hahahaha.

Hi geomglasglow,

In this part of the world streets are very tight and full of motorbikes which literally comes from all directions.  Here is where you really have to raise a notch your defensive riding skills.  I agree with you that you really cant use a high displacement bike but a really dependable off road bike would be very useful here especially when the rain with flood comes. 

I guess the best we could do here is to pimp up a common ride here but not too shiny because you will expect a bump and a scratch here and there and maybe a few spills caused by a come from nowhere bike who will just ran over you.  Lol

If i stay longer here, I might get one motorbike just to cruise around the city   Post some pictures if you finally get one.

Happy riding!

Cheers!

LuisInVN wrote:

Hi geomglasglow,

In this part of the world streets are very tight and full of motorbikes which literally comes from all directions.  Here is where you really have to raise a notch your defensive riding skills.  I agree with you that you really cant use a high displacement bike but a really dependable off road bike would be very useful here especially when the rain with flood comes. 

I guess the best we could do here is to pimp up a common ride here but not too shiny because you will expect a bump and a scratch here and there and maybe a few spills caused by a come from nowhere bike who will just ran over you.  Lol

If i stay longer here, I might get one motorbike just to cruise around the city   Post some pictures if you finally get one.

Happy riding!

Cheers!

Yea I know what you mean about the crazy traffic Luisinvn,but hey its all part of the fun eh,until it actualy happens that is.

I will defo get a bike quite soon but il post pics when I get round to ratting it up,complete with goats skull and horns for front light,leopard skin seat,hehe,i'm taking this too far.

Get a MIO and have it lowered + an hgm pipes, that could best in hcm.
happy riding!

YOU NEED AS FOLLOWINGS PAPERWORK if you got the license in your coutry, now you just exchange to vietnamese.

1.Application form 4 exchange of driving license, attached. Embassy for confirmation.

2.Passport copy with full name, photograph, valid visa, and the stamped page of Vietnam immigration ( when you went to airport)

4  TRanslation of curren foreign driving licence with notation

You should go to Peope Committe of 1 Dist .
  Add : 47 Le Duan str, Dist 1, opposite to Diamond Plaza.

5. Photograph  like Viêtnam ID size ,4pcs
       AND : PASSPORT ( ORIGINAL), VISA ....

Nice day !

Hey guys I am from India. Arrived to Ho Chi Min city 2 days back.
I own Yamaha FZ16
it would be nice if any one could help me get some performance parts for my bike.
Parts like big bore kit and different styled body panels
Pls reply ASAP I will be here only for few day.
Thanks