Looking For New Friends in Thailand

Hello everybody,
I just arrived 6 months ago and I live and work in Phuket.
I would love to have a drink and chat around a coffee.
Don't hesitate to contact me

Hello Christi,

I am Took. Am Thai living in BKK. In case u come to BKK. Feel free to contact. Love to hv a chat with u😃

Regards,
Took

I'm a retired senior Officer of Govt. of India, aged 64 years, living at Kolkata, India. Apart from other hobbies like photography etc. I'm very fond of traveling and making new friends irrespective of age. If you like to make friendship with me please write me

Hi new to Thailand too. Feel free to add as friend. Love to catch up. Have lovely Thai wife who speaks good English. If come to Bangkok always welcome.

R u using what apps ? Might be easier to contact. I am using both whatsapp and line. In case u want to contact me via those channel

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Great me and my wife who is Thai would love to meet with you. Can she add you on line? Much easier she speaks Thai. Let me know.

Hi,
I will come to Bangkok in next 2 weeks for 5 days. I like to visit pagodas to study buddhism there. Is there anyone have same hobby or understand history, we can share

Hi

@hide tear

Welcome to the forum

How can we help you?
Please introduce yourself to the forum.

Are you living in Thailand and if so where?
Do you have a job?
Are you looking for friends?

HI,

How are u all,

I am living and working in dubai, into marketing.

Ash

Hi

rajesh6218 wrote:

Hi

One word posts are meaningless.
Please offer information on the subject matter or do not post at all.
Thank you.

Hello,
Nice to meet you. My name is wasana .  It should be nice if we meet together.

Welcome to Bangkok

Wasana

Hi there!  As mentioned in my other post, I've been in BBK for 5, coming on 6 weeks now. I manage a company that sells and services heavy machinery. I've finally managed to get my limpy butt out to the velodrome and make my legs sore. It was so good, I didn't care that my ankle paid for it later.  :D

Anyway, it's been over a month, and as I have yet to make new friends, I think it's time I start! My primary language is English, my Chinese is passable in casual conversation, and I am learning Thai, albeit slowly.

Hi all! I'm from US moving to Chantaburi next month - hoping to make friends? Anyone :)

Hi Bee,  What are you studying?

:)  Cliff

Hello,

nice to meet you. hope to see you soon.

have a nice day

Wasana

Hi guys
I am Trang, I will have a week to visit Thailand on this Dec, this will be the second time I travel to this lovely country. This time I will go to Pattaya, Bangkok, Krabi. I would love to make new friends with expat and local people.

My name is Waidhya. I'm from Bangkok. I'd love to learn how to speak English. I hope that someone from this page can help me with that. Please message me if you need help with your Thai because I'm fluent in Thai. (: Take care.

Hey! My name is Kiwi, 26 and I'm a pro golfer with my own golf school in Bangkok. If you're still in Bangkok, please feel free to contact me at my whatsapp at xxx
If you're down, we could hang out
Thank you so much
Peace
Best Regards
Kiwi

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi belle..nice to know u ..may i?

Hi my sriharan Joe, I want met English speak friend pls and interested in some business pls contact me

Regards
Joe sriharan

sriharankumaran wrote:

Hi my sriharan Joe, I want met English speak friend pls and interested in some business pls contact me

Hi Joe. I assume you want to meet English speaking friends to improve your English.

Hi nice to see you here! Im. Bernie and im here in Bangkok, Thailand.

Hi Bernie,

We are hoping to return to Bangkok - obtain a retirement visa ... doesn't look good.
What is your assessment?

chrave1956 wrote:

Hi Bernie,

We are hoping to return to Bangkok - obtain a retirement visa ... doesn't look good.
What is your assessment?

If you mean that the situation in Thailand with covid doesn't look good, that's understandable if you don't feel comfortable.

But the retirement Visa is still totally doable:

immigrationbangkok.com/thai-retirement-visa-2/

Be aware that's not an official government website, but it's a very concise and understandable web page about the process

When I say doesn't look good … I am referring to the ridiculous curfews , lockdowns , arresting farangs for not wearing a mask … a growing anti-farang attitude .. not to mention the total farce called the Phuket sandbox …. even ourThai friends can not understand how it works …it's been changed so many times. We lived in Thailand for several years but this latest ChineseVirus has caused the world to lose it's sanity …. It's an influenza virus nothing more .

Yep. The covid-19 is a coronavirus slightly more deadly than the flu. However, it's more contagious. Still with only about a 2% death rate it has gotten way too much attention than influenza which has a 0.574% death rate. Note: in Thailand, the covid-19 death rate is 0.8% which is only a little higher than the flu.

"In a typical year, 5–15% of the population contracts influenza. There are 3–5 million severe cases annually, with up to 650,000 respiratory-related deaths globally each year. Deaths most commonly occur in high risk groups, including young children, the elderly, and people with chronic health conditions."

Table 1: Estimated influenza disease burden, by age group — United States, 2019-2020 influenza season
Symptomatic Illnesses    Medical Visits    Hospitalizations    Deaths
Age group    Estimate    95% UI    Estimate    95% UI    Estimate    95% UI    Estimate    95%UI

All ages    38,194,505    (33,672,529, 47,034,054)    17,526,381    (15,371,515, 21,930,946)    404,646    (352,913, 503,531)    21,909    (17,970, 29,053)

So, in 2019-2020 total flu cases 38,194,505 with 21,909 deaths.

Also, covid-19 doesn't effect children that much, but influenza does. So, for children the flu is more deadly than covid-19, but there are no lockdowns for the flu.

I don't think Thais have any discrimination against local farung, it's the tourists they don't want right now. I don't have any problems, but I know the immigration doesn't want foreigners coming in from abroad. Neither do most of my Thai friends. So, if you do come here, just don't say you're a tourist. Say you live in Thailand.

The link for the flu data I posted.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2019-2020.html

I haven't seen police arresting foreigners for not wearing masks where I am, but they might be in tourist locations and Central Bangkok. The curfews are in force, even 7-11's close earlier.  There are riots in Bangkok now on Thai news, but it seems to be focused at the police and government and not foreigners. Still, no bars or alcohol served in restaurants, but you can get it at local stores at certain designated times. Usually 11am to 2pm and 5pm to close.

I wouldn't come here now if you're planning to do touristy type things. You won't be able to do much and you might get some flack from locals because then they would know you're a tourist.

JayEsCee wrote:

Yep. The covid-19 is a coronavirus slightly more deadly than the flu. However, it's more contagious. Still with only about a 2% death rate it has gotten way too much attention than influenza which has a 0.574% death rate. Note: in Thailand, the covid-19 death rate is 0.8% which is only a little higher than the flu.

"In a typical year, 5–15% of the population contracts influenza. There are 3–5 million severe cases annually, with up to 650,000 respiratory-related deaths globally each year. Deaths most commonly occur in high risk groups, including young children, the elderly, and people with chronic health conditions."

Table 1: Estimated influenza disease burden, by age group — United States, 2019-2020 influenza season
Symptomatic Illnesses    Medical Visits    Hospitalizations    Deaths
Age group    Estimate    95% UI    Estimate    95% UI    Estimate    95% UI    Estimate    95%UI

All ages    38,194,505    (33,672,529, 47,034,054)    17,526,381    (15,371,515, 21,930,946)    404,646    (352,913, 503,531)    21,909    (17,970, 29,053)

So, in 2019-2020 total flu cases 38,194,505 with 21,909 deaths.

Also, covid-19 doesn't effect children that much, but influenza does. So, for children the flu is more deadly than covid-19, but there are no lockdowns for the flu.

I don't think Thais have any discrimination against local farung, it's the tourists they don't want right now. I don't have any problems, but I know the immigration doesn't want foreigners coming in from abroad. Neither do most of my Thai friends. So, if you do come here, just don't say you're a tourist. Say you live in Thailand.

But that's a 2% death rate of those who tested positive for an infection somewhere.

Because all reliable scientific sources generally agree that asymptomatic cases and mild infections never tested could be as high as 10 times to 30 times the total number officially reported, that would water down the actual death rate to between approximately 0.065% and 0.2%, if those hidden and undiscovered cases could be included in the statistics.

I think the entire covid-19 situation is totally overblown, so I'm basically with you. However, I have to go with the statistics that are reported because everything else is just speculation. I know the actual death rate is lower than what is being reported. I also know for most of 2020 those doing the reporting were inflating the numbers for political reasons by saying people who died in let's say a car accident, but tested positive for covid-19 were being reported as died from covid-19. Doctors posted videos on Youtube saying they were told to do this (those videos were all taken down, I wonder why). I also know many people who are healthy, may have gotten covid-19 and didn't even know it. Also, a lot have gotten covid and recovered and it wasn't reported as a covid case.

No its fine! Hi there im also holding a retirement visa.

@Lindsay west aussie

i am an american living in ploenchit area  would enjoy meeting

Hello how is over that side