Buying property in Cyprus

Hi,

can a foreigner buy property in Cyprus?

If so, is it complicated? What is the process of purchasing a property in Cyprus?

Any tips for buying property, such as a check-list of items to verify ?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine

Hi,
The North side or the south? On North you can buy a property here,there's no problem,,,you just need a solicitor and if he's a good one, he takes care of everything. You can have your property registered at the land registry and it takes a year till you get the Permition to buy a property and if everything is ok, you get the title deed. I think it's the same process on the south, you need to ask fully.
Anyway,if you are gonna get the property on North side, I might be able to help you...

Hi mesunshine!

Thanks for your help ;)

Armand

Hi,

If you have cash money you can make some great deals in purchasing properties at the moment. Many people (foreigners) who live there want to return to their birthcountry. Everybody has his/her own reasons ofcourse.
But to get a mortgage in Cyprus at the moment is very very difficult. It takes a long time and in the end you will notice they will reject it after all.
To get yourself a great deal you will have to have cash money. If you need help to find a nice property in the Paphos area I can help you. In case you have questions please feel free to contact me.
Regards Yvonne

:top:

Hi i have recently just had a offer accepted in paphos do u  know any good solicitors in the area

This should help you

Buying guidance
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-prop … =immediate

English speaking lawyers
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati … of-lawyers

Notes...
consider getting the property taken off the market by paying a small ring-fenced refundable deposit as a holding deposit to show real commitment to proceed - conditional on a satisfactory surveyors report and certificate of searches ...

Only make payments to your own lawyers to their client control accounts.

Make sure all communications between lawyers get copied to you

keep both sides in the loop so that all parties know the current situation and progress.

Only my opinion .....Highly recommended surveyor Renos Petros in Paphos.