HELLO EVERYONE!!! :)

Hi, my name is Joseph.  From the States currently living in Bahrain. I am looking to travel to Budapest in the late spring early summer, probably in second week of May.  I will be traveling with friends and we are mainly coming to party for a couple of days before we go to Prague.....for another party :D 

Questions I have are,

What are good bars/dance clubs/strip clubs/etc etc?

Where is a good place to stay in regards to walking distance from the main party areas, or is everything spread out? (budget of around 80-100USD a night)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Basically just a group of single guys traveling around looking for a great party.

Hello!  Your trip sounds still a bit far away... but I will give you the best advice I can for spring!  During that time of year the city tends to open up the outdoor bars which are really fun of course if the weather is nice :) and its really great!

So first you could probably easily find a hotel for 40 Euros a night that is pretty decent.  Look for one that is around Oktogon or city center.

2nd everything in this city is so close and the public transportation here is excellent even if you are here for just a couple of days.  The taxi's are pretty cheap here but the public transportation is sooooooo cheap and a lot of the trams and buses run all night.  You can buy a two day pass that will allow you to use all public transportation.

That said, staying anytwhere near the Oktogon would put you in the heart of party central and you really can walk from there to any club or party.  There are sooooo many! 

Check out funzine.hu it is in English and they have any special party information.  One thing you may want to see if its going on is the bath house parties that I hear are pretty awesome!!!!

As a HUGE WARNING - a lot of the strip clubs here will remind you of the Godfather so really try to stay away especially when a girl invites you to come in.  You go in and they charge you about $30 a drink and if you don't order something they threaten you and say they are going to call the police etc.  I have heard this same story over and over again from people new to Budapest.
SERIOUSLY!!!  And they use their big bouncer guys to surround you and your friends it's really bad.  If you walk around you will notice that many of the strip clubs are EMPTY and this is why!!  There are so many other great things to do here - save the strip clubs for Prague.

Some of the fun clubs where you will find a lot of English speaking people are Szimpla and Instant. 

Anyway, you will love the city here there are so many things to do and the city is amazing!!

Awesome advice, thanks so much