English speaking people in Casablanca

In too :)

Hello everyone i'm Anas,a moroccan university student i speak arabic french english and turkish so if anyone wants to practise one of these languages can call me 06 79 51 69 16, we can meet up downtown to have a coffee and chat

Hello   im  Russian   and  also  new   in  Casa         my  english  not     so   good    but  it  wold  be  nice    to  meet   new  people   and  make   new   friends.

MOROCCAN WOULD LIKE TO PRACTICE MY ENGLISH OTHERWISE WILL CERTAINLY LOSE IT

@ BLARBI: You should avoid capslock while writing on the forum. Thanks. Karen :)

Hi all of you! Is this thread still active? I'm originally Moroccan but living in Mexico. I'm in Casablanca for a few months so it will do me good to meet new souls in the city. I can help with languages (Arabic, French, English, Italian and some Spanish).
Best to all!
Youssef

SamZonite (Sam and Lou)

Are you still in El Jadida? There is a small community of English speakers here.

hi assalamualeykum,...  nice to meet u all in here... do write me smething..for hi

i'm also seeking for people that are spaeking english good , for perfecting my  bad english , i hope find people that will help me .

hello how are you for all ???

HI, Im from Bosnia, and I will go to Casablanca soon...Im interested in  for yoga classes. Are there any yoga centers in Casablanca??...and place for jogging....Thanks :)

Hi to ALL,

every  body is asking to meet for chat , beers, get together, etc.... why not set a place and a date and lets all get together

and lets do it on weekly basis every saturday or sunday or even a monday night

good idea, i'm in .

me also interested

Hi folks i am in for any coffee out or jogging. Manoj would love to hear from you for next jogging at the corniche. here is my number 0629218254.

Cheers
Mo

Hey folks anybody in for a get-together drink next week say Friday, 20H ?
Papagayo or Studio53?

Anyway just a suggestion.

Cheers
Mo

I will be moving there on the 21st and will need to learn some local language, I can teach you if you can teach me some.. I will post how to get ahold of me when I fly into Casablanca next week. Hope to talk to you then. James.

Just ring me and i will talk to you in English..

yes i can teach you..just message and i will talk to you...

You feel so isolated in casablanca if you cannot speak french or arabic

There's no need to be isolated. Go and see the British Council for events and meetings.

Join the Churchill Club - it's a lot more expensive there now than when I last went many years ago, but as you have told us that you are running a huge international company, this won't be a worry for you:--

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Chur … 2496654924

Hang around in place Nations Unies in the Café de France or Café Ramses. Plenty of anglophones there to lean over and talk to!

Again, as you clearly have money, have a drink in the bars of some of the better hotels, the Sheraton, the Hyatt and so on. You would meet anglophones there.

Don't give up! I have a great time in Casablanca! I must admit that I speak fluent French as well, but I meet English speaking people too.

By the way, you say that you "come from" the UAE. So how do you reconcile that with not being able to speak Arabic?

I was in Hyatt, as you say. I had alot of drinks to offer but not to prostitutes. The place was full of them only. the other women i met there could only say 'hi', hello, thankyou. British council, i will definitely try. I did not know of the Churchill Club. I am originally from pakistan

Hammad Khan wrote:

I was in Hyatt, as you say. I had alot of drinks to offer but not to prostitutes. The place was full of them only. the other women i met there could only say 'hi', hello, thankyou. British council, i will definitely try. I did not know of the Churchill Club. I am originally from pakistan

I understand from this that you actually want to meet "women" in general rather than expats in particular. In that case, you certainly do have to be careful of ladies of the night. Very few respectable Moroccan women would meet a man alone anywhere whom they did not know, just as they wouldn't in Pakistan.

I still don't get it that you don't speak Arabic, even if you are originally from Pakistan. After all, you have a prestigious job with an international company that serves Arab countries. It just seems so odd that they would send someone to do such important work in these countries who speaks not a jot of the language, especially someone who's lived in the UAE in any case. Did you pick no Arabic up at all?

I do not only want to meet women. However, at a night club in Hyatt, would you expect men to talk to me coz I can only speak english?

I am doing very important work in Morocco and I have been chosen to do that, coz I am an expert of that technology which only Europeans have been able to come up with. Arabs do not produce technologies. Even in UAE and Saudi Arabia the official language at work is English and not Arabic.

The Arabic that I picked is the same as they speak english, Shuweeea!

@ Hammad Khan, you can go inter nation's party tomorrow (party just for expats)
http://www.internations.org/events/view … 28:::79618

Or try couchsurfing.org there are weekly meetings and some other events organized by locals and travelers
Couchsurfing.org

@ laduquesa; there are many Pakistani & Indians and many other people from different countries who don't speak a word in arabic, he is not an exception! :)

Thankyou...appreciate your help.

@hheyitsme

Of course there are. But those living in the UAE have usually picked up some, at least.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, he has said why he didn't learn any.

I hope you get to meet some people soon! If I come to Casa, perhaps a few people could get together.

do you speak french... if so we could do a language exchange

it s nice to enjoy you

Keep that to yourself, lol.

@Sophia2011 hi Sophia, my name is Reda and look forward speaking English, if you are interested let me know.

Hello there M7Teresa,

Welcome onboard !

This is an old thread. I will be closing it.

Sophia hasn't been on the forum since long.

I suggest that you drop an advert in the classifieds if you are looking for english speaking friends.

All the best,

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed