Which Canaries Island is best to retire to?

I am brand new to this site. Hi to one and all.

Which Island is best to retire to, I'm 50 and suffered a lot of heart attacks and two strokes. Hills and cold are a killers to me. I can not walk more than about 500m on the flat on a good day, bad days it's 150m.  I am looking at either Madeira or the Canaries. I can't say I will find black sand that attractive either. A good hospital will not go a miss. I'm not interested in "kiss me quick" hat areas.

I would prefer a villa but maybe will look at an apartment. What is the property market for buying like? I do see a few drastically reduced villas. My price level is between 250k and 400k

Thank you.

Tim

Hi Tim...I've lived in the north of Tenerife for many years.  It's a beautiful island and a great place to retire. You may look at the south of this island where the sand is not black and the land is flatter than the north. Why don't you join or have a look at one of the local island forums where so many ex-pats can give you advice on where to go and how much it costs.

Here's one of them.   And here's another with a very similar name.

I also write about island life on my blog.  Regards, Sharon.

Sharon,

Many thanks, I am already working my way through the blogs you gave me. Are there any other Islands that you recommend because you know them, or is Tenerife the best of the best?

Tim

Hi Tim,
I know that a lot of people from Norway are living in south of Gran Canaria in Arquinequin. They say that there is the best micro climate of the Canary islands.