Living and working in Qatar!

Hi everyone been offered a fantastic job as Clinical Coder in the hospitals and wonder if there is anyone out there who could give me some advice.....in the process of researching this amazing oportunity.

Hello traceyann,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Your post has been moved to the Doha forum, category work.

What type of advice are you searching for?
Could you be more precise please this would help us to give you some advice or information.

Rouma

I would like any information on what it is like to live there as i will be there for three years,working for HMC AS A CLINICAL CODER AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE WERE ANY FELLOW CODERS OUT THERE !

Hello traceyann,

Thank you for being more precise. :)

Feel free to browse the Doha forum. It might help you in some way. ;)

Rouma

traceyann wrote:

I would like any information on what it is like to live there as i will be there for three years,working for HMC AS A CLINICAL CODER AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE WERE ANY FELLOW CODERS OUT THERE !

Hi Traceyann. What's it like to live in Doha? What is your idea of a good place to live? If you consider Leeds an entertaining place to live, I think you will be a bit bored in Doha. Not a great deal to do besides shopping, which is generally a mainstay in the middle east. Having an extensive social network is very useful, to help alleviate boredom. But that said, there are good opportunities for water sports and desert dune driving of course.

All the western expats I know who live in Doha are there for 1 reason only..and that reason is the money. I don't want to sound off putting, but if you haven't been there yet, I suggest a visit prior to accepting your job offer to get a feel for the place. Plenty of people who have accepted roles in the gulf only to regret it. Of course, plenty of people who love it too..it's all about what your goals and priorities are really.

hi traceyann, I recently moved here from manchester/oldham and I think it depends on your reason for moving here and what you are looking for.  The malls are great, weather is lovely and the city itself is fine, nightlife is good if you like that, and their are always things to do.  As mentioned a huge expat community, so it is easy to socialize, lots of sports events, gym's etc I think the first 6 months are always a trying time where ever you go with a new job but I would imagine you will love it.  if you do please get in touch [email protected] good luck

Knut is absolutely right

Hi traceyann,

I'm at HMC, not as a Coder tho. Look me up at Materials Management lol. Been here 2 weeks so far!!!!

(Moderated: You are off topic)

Topic linked with Hamad Medical Hospital qatar