Job Offer in Dar Es Salaam. I am an Indian and have some questions...

Dear Friends,

I am from Mumbai and have been offered one job to Dar Es Salaam.
It would be great to know about that place, Thanks!

Take Care,
Chitt

chittoo if you will work on Business Visa then no need to worry bcz the passport will be with you only. If they keep extending then they will only extent your Business Visa. Once they need you to be a part of their company then only they will take your passport and issue you work permit card.

Wilson

See even im from mumbai and working in Middle east, here the policy is they will take your passport and issue you work permit card, once you want to go back then they will take the work permit card and give your passport. If you feel exit then need to inform them, once you don't have exit in your passport then you cant go to other middle east country, so make sure if you feel like going back get the exit first on your passport so it will be easy for you to travel other country.

wilson

Thanks Wilson for your comments.. :)

Tigo is OK . They are my customer . Very reputable and correct company.Go on!

chittoo your welcome :)

Dar-Es-Salaam (DAR) is very crowded city like our Mumbai. Traffic jam, water and electricity problem (I think highest in the world) Even Bangladesh is better in terms of water & electricity.

Best part of DAR is that even it is near sea and high in humidity, if you stand under a shade, you will feel as if you are in an Air Condition office.

Many Indian expatriates here and you get all types of food here. Salary structure is good as you will get local salary (in Tanzanian Shillings) plus overseas salary (in US Dollars). On average stores keepers can save USD 700 to 800, accountants can save USD 800 to 1000, Marketing guys can save 1000 to 1500, Financial Controller 2500 to 4000, etc...

It will be added advantage if you learn local language i.e. Kishwahili or swahili.

Less crime than Kenya, South Africa or Nigeria. Almost like Mumbai. They are more interested in cash or mobile.

Inshort, good work with good life.

Hi, I am getting a job at Dar Es Salaam with BMTL. How is the company??? They want me to travel w/o the work permit. Say I will have to obtain Business Visa at DAR Airport @ cost USD 150 & will then later on issue a work permit which will take 2-3 months. Is it the correct procedure?? Can I stay on a business visa ?? Is the business visa available to anyone at the DAR airport??? The Company  also tells, no appointment letter is required. The offer letter itself is the appointment letter ??

Can someone please clarify my doubts???

Is it also easy to learn the local language ??? Do we have any swahili classes at Mumbai???::|

BMTL is a good company dealing in office automation and they are dealers of Godrej safe also.

Visa's are given on arrival to Indian citizens and now it is USD 50 for both Visitor and Business visa. Your company will check you in this 2 months and later apply for work permit in Tanzania which is fair.

You only get business visa (2 months) if you have business or company letter of Tanzania.

You can ask for appointment letter once you are in DAR. You can work on your business visa illegally and if caught it is the  company's headache and many are initially working.

Swahili or Kiswahili is very simple language and must also. You will learn within 6 months and experience is the best teacher. You keep on talking with Africans or local Indians in kishwahili and not in English.

Learning 4 wheeler is also important before you come to TZ.

Hi india2africa,

Many thanx 4 Ur reply.

One more query to the Forum: Do the companies not give U the Appointment Letter in advance like in India ?? They are giving passage for my immediate family (includes wifw & 2 children). Are parents not considered a part of the family ??

Hi YKD

2 things please make sure, before leaving from India.

1. Get it in writing that your passport will be with you only during your stay in Tanzania.

2. Do not accept a clause stating that in case if you want to resign/leave the job, you have to reimburse the travel, recruitment, training costs. Reasonable notice period salary/forfeiture is acceptable but not recruitment consultancy cost, training costs...

Thanx yahoramji for the info.  But the company has put a term of security deposit of USD 2500 which may be refunded only after the expiry of the 2 yr contract. If I resign earlier or they terminate my services they will withhold this amount. Is it okay ??

Ofcourse is not OK :)

ykd3001 wrote:

Hi india2africa,

Many thanx 4 Ur reply.

One more query to the Forum: Do the companies not give U the Appointment Letter in advance like in India ?? They are giving passage for my immediate family (includes wifw & 2 children). Are parents not considered a part of the family ??

You need an appointment letter with you at every entry point ,at the Airport for example you may be asked the Purpose for your visit and requested to provide the appointment letter. Just a Friendly Advice , its worthy seeing and Reviewing the Contract before Travelling..

Generally, most companies or employers do not consider parents as immediate family (only wife, children + adopted children), only few may consider one parent as a dependent especially if another is dead.
They can join you later once you've established yourself economically and socially.

Dear Sir,

Please let me know how to get a Job of Family Physician in Tanzania.
My wife is MBBS, DFM,DHA and AIFH and has more than 24 years clinical experience.

Regards

MAHESH RAHEJA
[email protected]

mraheja17 wrote:

Dear Sir,

Please let me know how to get a Job of Family Physician in Tanzania.
My wife is MBBS, DFM,DHA and AIFH and has more than 24 years clinical experience.

Regards

MAHESH RAHEJA
[email protected]

Welcome to the forum

This thread is over 2 years old so you may not get a reply.
I suggest that you open a new post.

Dear Sir

Please Share Some Points beacuse i get an offer in in DAR AS SALLAM for Jobs are as Follows:

Name of the Company : Jambo Plastics Limited (Company Details)

As i am getting an offer to work with this Company,Please Share about the Company Details and the Following Points they Reveal us:

Salary in Indian Ruppes (60000.00)
They Provide me Air Ticket and Invitation Letter for Travelling to Tanzania so that there is no obstacles in airport and they told us the Offer/Appointment Letter will be Provided at the Work Premesis in Tanzania.(is it true)
They Booked Air Ticket for Me and told me to take Business Visa from Dar As Salam Airport and after that they apply for the Work Permit .(Is it True)
Two Years Contract (Please Tell me what is written in Contract)

Dear Jay an to.

Please clarify from the employer following points.
1. Is your salary include overtime.
2. Your employment is govern by the tanzanian laws Employment and labour relation act 2004.tanzania.
3. Local food in is normally free
4. Who will pay for visa fees it is$ 250
5. Your passport should be in your custody
6. This business visa is valid for 3 months.
Thanks

They told me that the Working time start from 8.00 Am to 7.00 Pm and. For the Business VISA $250 have to paid by me in Dar As Salam Airport and the.Receipt provided by me in Airport I have to submit in the Company and they will going to Reimburse me and please share about the company details and the main concern area is abt the Offer letter please share.

Within 3 Months during the business VISA they are going to provide me the Work Permit

any 1 here knows Insignia ltd

Hi All,
        Recently i also got a job offer from a mumbai based consultant for Tanzania i.e company Tanzania Building Works ltd and the nature of job is Supervisor salary offered is USD 4000/-. I need a help from any of tanzanian local to please check the company details whether is it ok sign the contract or not.
         Your kindness heartly appreciated for the above said assistance.

Regards,
Mohammed Adil

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

@inf.adil

You have posted on an old (2015) inactive thread.  I suggest you read other posts here on this section of the forum for information.
A Google search will help too.
Please do not post any contact details here on the open forum. It is unsafe to do so.

Hi All,
        Recently i also got a job offer from a mumbai based consultant for Tanzania i.e company Tanzania Building Works ltd and the nature of job is Supervisor salary offered is USD 4000/-. I need a help from any of tanzanian local to please check the company details whether is it ok sign the contract or not.
         Your kindness heartly appreciated for the above said assistance.

Regards,
Mohammed Adil

Hello.

As far as you are not paying anything to the company or consultant. There is no harm to you.

You may check the details of the company on the Stock Exchange Website, if it's listed or google more on there website.

Secondly, the salary of $4,000 per month. it seems reasonable. But again it's come to you how do you live and manage other expense? Lastly, the deductions are around 30-35%.

Thanks

Dear's
Dar es salaam is amazing and attractive place im sure you will enjoy there.

Hello Mr Adil , hear my self zunaid  I am also having same offer like you have did you sort something ?

Even i got a job in insignia, is it a good company to work with

Hi! If you are talking about the insignia that deals in paints then I can vouch that its legit, I work at a timber company just around the block from it.

Anything more you need know?

Thanks and welcome

How did you find a job in Daresalam my friend and what was the whole process? Do you go through any recruiting agency or any private agent? Would you please share.  I a looking for a job in Tanzania from India and would like to move there with my family.  Please your help and advice information will be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks,
Jabir

Hi

I am Looking for a post of accountant having experienced of work 9 years in Tanzania.

It possible to get it, how to check job for expats.

Please assist.

@mubarak jangi10

Hello and welcome !

Please note that you are replying to an old thread.

I would suggest that you create your CV in the Job offers in Dar es Salaam section of the website to put forward your skills.

You may also read the articles under the Work in Tanzania section of the Guide for more detailed advice.

Regards

Bhavna