Moving to nairobi

hi
i am from pakistan and currently living in cairo egypt with my husband,now we are planning to move to kenya nairobi.
i need some information about pakistani families living there,some idea bout cost of living,food,shopping ,weather,islamic schooling.
thanks....

Hello sameera khan, please change your gender, you are female and your status picture is male....

I am from india, and i dont think  there is much difference in the way of living of indians and pakistanis.. So most probably you wont face any problem here, here are many indians. mean while you will sure find pakistanis. i have seen many pakistanis in nairobi, but i do not know any of them, 3 months back there was a pakistani guy here and we became very close friends, and now he is back to pakistan.
For me compared to india the cost of living is high, not high but more than india. Coz kenya does not have any production for goods, everything is imported so little expensive. You can get everything in here, so need not worry. I do not know about islamis schools.

So hope you will have a good time here. if i know any further details i will sure let you know.

samirakhan wrote:

hi
i am from pakistan and currently living in cairo egypt with my husband,now we are planning to move to kenya nairobi.
i need some information about pakistani families living there,some idea bout cost of living,food,shopping ,weather,islamic schooling.
thanks....

Pl. take a look at the top of the forum at the sticky post on cost of living in Kenya/Nairobi. I had recently posted detailed info. on cost of daily use items. Hope that helps.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Kindly avoid sharing personal contact infos on the forum. You may use the private message system