Lung Scars

Dear friends,
I had a history of tb with pleaural effussion  and medication completed in may 2012. Took a medical for bahrain in june 2012, it was unfit. Now im trying for dubai. Doctor said that u have scars in lungs. Try for dubai , there the medical check up is not that much tuff. What do u think friends ? May i proceed ?

I'm currently employed now and i don't have any problem with my first medical here in UAE. But I'm selected from semi-government company and i have to undergo pre-employment medical test at Al Baraha Hospital. They found a lung scar on my left lung and i have to repeat my xray. They confirmed that scar was during my childhood and they said i am under investigation so i have to do sputum test for 3 consecutive days. I'm so down and feeling hopeless. Coz i just read all testimonials that they put lifetime ban and send back to home country. I hope there will be good news for me. I cannot afford to lose my job. :'(

Same situation, that i am shifting to another company. I hope there would be a chance for me. :'(

Sir rash.... In india they accept worker even have a lung scar?

Hi, any update on your case!

amirasoram wrote:

Same situation, that i am shifting to another company. I hope there would be a chance for me. :'(

Hi amirasoram, any update on your case?

Hello. Need help here! For those who have worked in UAE, is it true that old tb scars are also banned?
What if there's a proof that tb has been treated, are they still going to reject job applications there?? Im really considering working in DUbai but I have this tb scar in my lungs. I got tb on 2012 and was treated for 6 months.

Thank you so much and I appreciate...

i have offer to work in dubai  but cause of my lung scar i ignore it.even my wife is work there as of  now its still imposible  to work in midlle east. But we have still chance to work in other country. like papua new guinea.or other country..im very disappointed for the  country who did not accept worker have a lung scar. its my second time to go abroad now they accept me even i have a lung scar.GOD bless all

no commets plz

strongly agree with you friend. i supposed to be in Dubai last Jan 27 unfortunately, because of the scar lungs grrh.. i already have Visa. and also i took for  the second opinion and i was cleared I am so confused that time i dont know what im going to do if i will grab the Dubai or Not. Im thinking if I will under go medical in Dubai and they find that Im positive in that scars. So afraid what will happen.

the doctor told me that i can apply to the others countries in Asia, Europe, America and etc. EXCEPT Middle east guys.

I've got my Fitness Certificate in Al Baraha Hospital and I am FIT TO WORK. But this is just the beginning. I have another medical examination and it's done yesterday. And once again, they called me to repeat my Chest Xray today. They told me if ever I am negative from TB it's the company's decision to allow me to work. However, I am not yet sure for what will be the results. I asked the customer service and they told me, much better to stay in Dubai and not to Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is strict with the medical examination. My E-Visa issued in Abu Dhabi and it's unfortunate with me that I have to go with the same delemna again. Based on the stories I have read above, I was discourage and it's painful with me. I give everything to finished all the requirements and because of lung scar, my dreams for my child shattered. Can someone give me an advise with the same case? Is there anyone here issued their visa in Abu dhabi?
I need encouragement...

I have a friend which has a lung scar also but was able and currently working at uae dubai now as a bartender

Thats true i have friend she had a lung scar but she was able to work at uae dubai

In Dubai, I am Fit to Work and Al Baraha Hospital proved it. But my visa was issued in Abu Dhabi. The customer service in SEHA just informed me that better I stay in Dubai and not to pursue my application in Abu Dhabi as they are strict with the Chest xray. I was working in Dubai for two years and my former company accepted my medical certificate issued by DHA. So unfair in Abu Dhabi. :'(

As i have said i have a friend which has a lung scar but was able and currently working at uae dubai now

Yes  thts correct because my friend was still able to work at uae now even has lung scar

How was that possible i have i friend who has a lung scar but was able to work at uae dubai now.

@ angleus0350 ur correct iam rubi from philippines i have a friend who has a lung scar but was still able to work at dubai uae now

Hi rashid
I have a friend who has a lung scar but was still able and currently working at dubai as a bartender. Imagine she is able to work in a food industry. If its aldeady a scar then there is a chance u can work at uae

Hi nielsimaj
I had a friend who has lung scar but was still able to work now at uae

Hi amirasoram
I have a friend who has a lung scar but was still able to work at uae dubai

Abu Dhabi Health Authority is more strict in terms of Medical Examination rather than Dubai Health Authority and I proved it. If anyone with the same case with me, please advise.

@rubirosa yes indeed, Dubai is the safest place for those who have lung scar. I regret the day that I left my former job in Dubai. Right now, I have Employment Visa issued in Abu Dhabi but I'm not sure if I can join as my Chest Xray has an issue. My E-Visa is valid for 2mons and I have to look for another job based in Dubai only. Thanks for your comment.

My job visa has cancelled due to lungs scare.....in saudi arabia......is law gong to change????

@amirasoram
Thanks for sharing ur story. Actually iam waiting for my medical schedule for uae dubai. I feel so stress. I dont know what to do. I have a lung scar also. My friend who has a lung scar was able to pass the medical for uae dubai. The agency has seen a suspecious spot on her lungs.she then needs to repeat x ray. At manila doctor they have seen its a scar.she by then pass the exam. I just wonder.. she told tht she dnt have ptb history.and was just reason out tht she has weak lungs and has asthma at past.do u think by tht reason it help her out to pass? And the cause of scar could be bcz she has weak lungs and since the doctor could not rule out the causes of lung scar?i mean noone can know tht the scar was cause by ptb or other things .so one person tht has lung scar can reason tht the scar cause was bcz she has weak lungs and would not tell it as ptb??
As for me i hope to pass the medical for uae dubai.my company here at ph has annual check up and im all fit to work including my xray

@rubirosa I asked many questions to the doctors at Al Baraha Hospital. By then, they explained that during my childhood, I've got sick (primary complex or cough that last for 2weeks perhaps and I just take medicines) that caused scar. I undergone for Sputum Test in 3consecutive days and I passed. In short, it depends on the reading of Chest Xray. They said my lumg scar is inactive and I am fit to work. However, if it is active, it's unfortunate that they will not give Medical Certificate. My advise, don't smoke and avoid drinking alcohol. Just to make it sure you will be cleared. It is mandatory to take chest xray and it's painful to be repeated. But however, it is as per UAE Labour Law that you have to provide Medical Fitness before they will process your residency.

It's 50/50 chance to be cleared but let's pray it will be alright. As far as I know, Dubai is the safest place to you guys with lung scar. And it depends on your health, coz they will investigate you like they will take your own pleghm/ saliva for 3days and they check if your scar is active or not active. My success story is just my Lung Scar is not active and I am fit to work. Glory be to God!

@amirasoram
I really appreciate your explaination i think i know now why i have a scar i have taken a six month medication of nicetal when i was six years old. Due to my persistent cough tht the doctor has told my parents which is nearly i had a primary complex.
Would it be wiser to tell that i dont have idea why i have a scar?
Or rather tell the history to the doctor?
My mom was not actually much sure about that childhood cough i had it just pop out in her mind bcz i had this xray issue.

Even you were not told them, they knew about it. They will not ask questions as the doctors will read your two xrays and they are aware of these cases. I would suggest that better you stay in Dubai and your visa should be issued in Dubai. Hopeless case only if you are coughing and they are bit strict for the same. But if you are healthy and fit, and your Sputum Test is negative, you will pass. God bless us.

I hv old ptb scare....n recently my medical declared unfit.....by GAMCA......4 saudii.......evrythng is f9 excpt xray ......shud i apply in dubai....i ws tb whn i ws 7 years old.......vii dubai demand GAMCA reports or test.....any upper authority r dong sumthingregarding tis bullshit rule??????pz advise me....m waiting pz rplu

@khalidkhan
Try dubai.
I had a friend who has lung scar but is  now working at dubai

Bt ....bt GAMCA hs declared me unfit yesterday.....n thy told me....m not fit 4 work in gcc......m in stress...n depress....pz help me......

@amirasoram
Did u ever ask  to ur employer any waiver to accept u even u have lung scar?
By the way i was thinking... are they abit not strict if u will not in food industry?and they are very strict if u will be working in food imdustry company?

No...its nt depend upon any industry......gcc r vry strkt abt lungs scare......n i dont knw y.....???? If people r healthy n vry much fit to work.......nid to improv law immediatly......

khalidkhan82 wrote:

No...its nt depend upon any industry......gcc r vry strkt abt lungs scare......n i dont knw y.....???? If people r healthy n vry much fit to work.......nid to improv law immediatly......

Could you please not write in texting style as it makes your post hard to read for some people. Could use please use proper English. Thank you.

There was no waiver with me when I worked from my previous company and as i checked with the doctors, if they issued you a medical fitness, it means you are fit to work. However, if you are not fit, your visa will not be issued. Again, it depends on your scar. They will investigate your scar if it is active or not active.

Rubirosa wrote:

@amirasoram
Did u ever ask  to ur employer any waiver to accept u even u have lung scar?
By the way i was thinking... are they abit not strict if u will not in food industry?and they are very strict if u will be working in food imdustry company?

Indeed, they are strict in food industry. It's painful that if your visa is issued in abu dhabi, it will be a so difficult. But in Dubai, as long as your scar is not active, you will passed.

hi i just want to ask. i just came from dubai last year and got deported because of having lung scar. i already give 3 sputum and blood test and fortunately all are negative but unfortunately i got deported last august of 2013. in my passport there is no stamp of life time ban or any ban. they stamp only exit stamp at airport. i just want to ask in my visa cancellation there is number 9 in ban. i mean ban 9 permanent. i just want to ask if its a 9 years ban, 9 months ban or life time ban. thanks