Successful job interview in Colombia

Hi,

passing a job interview in Colombia can be a stressful moment, especially you are not familiar with the cultural and professional codes of the country.

How to successfully pass a job interview in Colombia ?

What happens during the interview ?

What are the do's and don'ts during a job interview in Colombia : what to say or not, what to wear, how to behave ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with us !

Julie

I had this opportunity and it is quite different from the interviews we are used to in Canada. Usually employers and recruiting firms do not meet you personally, the first meeting is usually a little stressful, you are within a group of candidates, and you really have to sell your skills , experience,etc... because you are in a jungle competing with others. Most employers usually do not call people when you send a resume , you can practice your Spanish trying to call them or the H R dept ! and they receive lots of resumes believe me. They will always like to give the priority to Colombians for a job. that is a reality. many Colombians now return to their country after being in the US, that I can see everyday, and that does not help. ! it does not mean that we cannot find jobs in colombia, I created mine and also work part time for others. do not hesitate to share your views with me.