Libya work permit

justice4pal wrote:

Sand,
He could always throw them in the excess baggage.  Economical. $75.  Less so if they weigh more than 50lbs. Then it'd be the $75 plus $150 overweight fine.

Better to send the young 'uns as hold baggage then? :/

can it possible to convert libyan tourist visa into libyan work visa or residence visa in libya just like in Oman?

debasish satapathy.

Are you serious, dude? :lol::lol::lol:

You can have anything you want, for the right price....

Ramadan is starting in about a week therefore the reality is that unless you have your visa in hand before it starts, it is highly unlikely to be done until sometime after Eid which will be around Sept. 23 or so. Sooo....all you can do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the time you have at home!  This is the way things go over here so you're best to get an exercise in patience before you come. The only thing consistent is inconsistency. 

Good luck to you all!

someone said that in libya everithing is relative... he is perfectly right.

if the working visa procedures take so long , the company will procede for a turist or business visa and meantime they will arrange the working visa. if you stay longer than your business(turist)visa your company must apy some penalties for this but nothing happen to you... even with turist visa you can start your work but your papers could not be processed , your contract will be signed when working visa is issued.

it doesn't matter if the company is big or not, my company is very big on this market, but no one can improve the libyan system.

good luck to everyone

My husband has recieved his visa ref number and due to fly to uk to go to libyan embassy for his visa(work) please can anybody me on what other docuementation he will need to take has it is not clear on the embassy web page.

- Passport with Arabic translation of the data page

- Photos

- Letter of introduction from the company

- Return flights reservation

- Travel insurance

- One original personal bank statement

- £150 in cash for the fee

Doors open by around 9:30am. Get there early as there is always a queue.

Gibraltar wrote:

hi Guys

Start the stopwatch (or should that be calander?) I have sent off passort details to employer.

G

Hi Guys

Wife, baby and I have arrived.

Gibraltar

You guys are going to love this, after 6 weeks getting an LOI for a business visa we have the flights booked for the weekend, tourist visa for “she who must be obeyed” go to the embassy here in KL and the embassy is being refurbished and they crashed the computers “no visa lah”  beginning to think this hole move is jinxed

You sound somehow surprised Sprocket...

With the exception of automobiles, Libya has two speeds - slow and stop. During Ramadan, that reduces to one speed. Any guesses which?

I think they sucked me in, everything was starting to come together nicely and just when they i was at the point where I believe all hurdles have been crossed, all the squiggle lines dotted embassy renovation! not sure i would have ever seen that coming. I have been tempted with the prospect they will be open tomorrow but to quote another Englishman,

"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;"

Seams to aptly sum up the Libyan visa process

Sandman6 wrote:

Gate boys, maids, nannies all come under the same category and OFFICIALLY expats aren't allowed to employ them. Of course this is a totally unworkable situation (besides being a load of fcuking bollox) but it's still the law, so be aware of it.

Hi Sandman,
can you pls PM me? i am desperate. we really want to bring our current maid. need her to help with my 2.5year old and 5 month old baby. she is filipina. pls offer any solution to bring her over. whats up with sponsorship, visa application, time lines etc etc?

we are suppose to mobilize move in a month or 2.

thanks!!

You have two options:

- Your employer agrees to sponsor her

- You bring her in as an illegal

That's it...

Sandman6 wrote:

You have two options:

- Your employer agrees to sponsor her

- You bring her in as an illegal

that's it...

hi sandman,
what do you mean illegal? illegal without work permit? ie i bring her in as a "friend"?? or she comes in as a tourist? or??

what kind of visas do the local helpers / maids work under? do they have sponsorships through local maid agencies? if so, can i get the local agency to sponsor my maid?

we have tried every way to get hubby's company to sponsor my maid... request went all the way to the top... it seems like they are afraid once they say yes, we will start a trend; its something no one has done before. but they didnt exactly tell us why NO. if it is a liablity isssue, we are more than happy to sign an idemnity letter to be her guarrantor.
desperate

I feel like I'm repeating myself here....

Non-Libyans are not allowed to employ anyone in Libya, whether that person to be employed is from India, Philippines, Indonesia or anywhere else. A person can only legally be employed by a company.

If you do choose to employ someone, it makes no difference if it's on a casual basis or under a contact of employment. It is not legal and both employer and employee run the risk of getting into trouble with the Libyan immigration.

You will not be granted permission to bring in a maid or househelp on a tourist visa. Go figure: You get a tourist visa to come to Libya to take pictures of Roman ruins, not to scrub the floor of someone's kitchen.

Having said all that, most of us here have someone working for us...someone who has already arrived in Libya.

sorry sandman, appreciate your patience - i spent more than an hour last night reading past posts but still didnt find answers and thats y i ask the questions here.

company housing package comes with a part time maid. but we need to bring our own maid as ours is more than a housekeeper, she is our nanny. 

so, i guess my question is how to get HER into the country?  can i get a Libiyan maid agency, if there is such a thing, to help? or should is my wish of bringing her totally impossible? 

i am willing to push hubby to try up there (HR) again if thats the ONLY way - to maid in. but i need to know what does it take for the company before i go crashing through - is it very costly? because we are willing to pay for all the visa fees....

I understand your situation Junshui - we had an excellent nanny while we were living in Lagos and would have given anything to bring her to Libya with us.

After investing all the possibilities (listed previously), the only option would be to send her on the long and very dangerous journey north across the desert, something neither of gave any serious consideration to.

We ended up hiring another Nigerian girl who was already in Libya as an illegal. She costs twice the money and is half as good as our original nanny but it's something that we just have to live with.

Hi there!Just want to ask...how long will a business visa be converted to a work visa/work permit upon arriving there in Libya? My employer issued me a multiple re-entry visa and was told that it's a no biggie, as it will be converted once I arrived there.Haven't worked before with a business visa on hand...thus, I'm new to this path.Anyone who can share their experience on this?Just that I'm just waiting for my plane ticket...There might be surprises I 'll encounter once I set foot there with this kind of visa.

Thanks in advance for any input on this matter.

dazzlingjaney wrote:

Hi there!Just want to ask...how long will a business visa be converted to a work visa/work permit upon arriving there in Libya? My employer issued me a multiple re-entry visa and was told that it's a no biggie, as it will be converted once I arrived there.Haven't worked before with a business visa on hand...thus, I'm new to this path.Anyone who can share their experience on this?Just that I'm just waiting for my plane ticket...There might be surprises I 'll encounter once I set foot there with this kind of visa.

Thanks in advance for any input on this matter.

This question has been answered before in detail.

There's a box in the top right corner that let's you search.  It works pretty good.  Try typing Libya work permit. The first link is a long thread with many details.

Gabacho...Thanks for the help!

Sandman6 wrote:

We ended up hiring another Nigerian girl who was already in Libya as an illegal. She costs twice the money and is half as good as our original nanny but it's something that we just have to live with.

*sigh*....i hate to feel we have no choice......

Sandman6 wrote:

I understand your situation Junshui - we had an excellent nanny while we were living in Lagos and would have given anything to bring her to Libya with us.

After investing all the possibilities (listed previously), the only option would be to send her on the long and very dangerous journey north across the desert, something neither of gave any serious consideration to.

Hey Sandman,
do u reckon we can at least bring our maid in on tourist visa, just for a couple of months (or whatever maximum time a tourist is allowed).  what does that take on my part - invitation letter etc? or do i need a tour agency to arrange all that? even if she can only come for the first couple of months, it will help heaps with my initial settling....
thanks...

Debasiah: have you moved to Libya. If not, I am also waiing for my visa papers to be cleard from my employer iinBenghazi

-Jyoti

jinshui wrote:

Hey Sandman,
do u reckon we can at least bring our maid in on tourist visa, just for a couple of months (or whatever maximum time a tourist is allowed).  what does that take on my part - invitation letter etc? or do i need a tour agency to arrange all that? even if she can only come for the first couple of months, it will help heaps with my initial settling....
thanks...

Don't want to disappoint, but a tourist visa is exactly that - for people coming in to do the ruins & desert tour, stay in a hotel and mingle with the other tourist groups.

They give tourist visas for family and relatives to visit Libya but I've never heard of anyone bringing in their domestic like this.

Remember, even if you did get her in on a tourist visa, and she overstays then it's you who they'll hold responsible.

Sorry-o

Hi there again !

I scrutinized the previous posts and can I please ask you to come back to the original point and share with upated practice? Has anything changed since the last year on receiving work permit sooner than 3 months? (some people I read was waiting for 5 months?!!!)
Those who were expecting to receive work permit, did you get it?

Debasish I do hope you are in libya now? Others awaited?
I expect my company to inform me on the progress of work permit (submitted all papers a week ago). Having read the posts I realised the meaning of the clause in the job offer signed (validity of offer is subject to visa permit from Libya authorities).....I'm becoming to be questioned myself..?! Is it going to occur or I'm flying in blue dream??

HI EVERY ONE

HI I AM NEW HERE
I WILL BE VISITING LIBYA IN 3MONTHS TIME AS FESTIVAL TOURIST, CAN I STAY AND WORK. PERMANENTLY?
PLEASE HELP

PUJARI608 wrote:

HI EVERY ONE

HI I AM NEW HERE
I WILL BE VISITING LIBYA IN 3MONTHS TIME AS FESTIVAL TOURIST, CAN I STAY AND WORK. PERMANENTLY?
PLEASE HELP

1. Hello
2. Welcome
3. Turn your caps lock off :rolleyes:
4. What's a festival tourist ?
5. No. Unless you have a job offer and an employer who will sponsor you and secure you the business visa / residency you will need.
6. How bad are things where you are that you want to come here permanently? :lol:

Mudman wrote:
PUJARI608 wrote:

HI EVERY ONE

HI I AM NEW HERE
PLEASE HELP

1. Hello
2. Welcome
3. Turn your caps lock off :rolleyes:
4. What's a festival tourist ?
5. No. Unless you have a job offer and an employer who will sponsor you and secure you the business visa / residency you will need.
6. How bad are things where you are that you want to come here permanently? :lol:

Ahaheh...

Things must be at least as bad as ours...

LOL

I think the visa system here works more on how much power/connections and authority the company/boss has...
Sometimes they already have visa's and getting sumone employed fast, becomes no problem for them
The families are usually not allowed unless very high officials, because they want to check out your qualities and see if you are upto their expectations, hence saving on undue expenses on family visa, etc ...
I do believe Indian visas have been snubbed for a duration of time...started from 20 july I think...

HOW CAN I GET BUILDING

PUJARI608 wrote:

HOW CAN I GET BUILDING

Agents in countries like India, Thailand and the Philippines bring in people from those countries. You will need to find the agents in your home country. Read the small print and be prepared to find out that your contract will be renegotiated upon arrival and not in your favour.

I do not know any agents and have no contact details for them, I do not know how little people are paid, but you're competing against Egyptians, Tunisians, Algerians etc. etc.

hi buddy.

im rufaik from sri lanka. As you said im also selected by an Libyan company and im still waiting for there process end for work permit. Its almost 4 months now. have you got your visa. whys this takes so long than other countries. please give some replies.
Thanks.

Firstly at present Ramadan is on...hence the delay perhaps
Secondly, u say 4 months, well I'm sorry we can all sit and rack our brains as to what could be the reason and give you plenty of reasons to sit and fill ur brains with, but if it has to come it will come...
finding reasons won't get u the visa, the delay seems long, leave the door open and don't kill yourself, if you get something worthy go ahead...

The reasons for delay could be genuine, or not!!

Who knows?

hello! i am a filipino nurse who had been accepted to work in a govt hosp in misurata. i just want to ask you guys about visa processing because our agency claims that our employer wants to give us residence visa instead of working visa. we are charged a lot of fees for this. is is really possible for us to be granted residence visa here in the philippines? i read from a lot of threads a medical exam is needed for its application and we had one here, all authenticated by government authorities. thank you very much. i will appreciate information you will provide.

[Moderated]

(Moderated: please register in the Business Directory)

hiiiiiii

Hi mannu sekhon,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :D

Can you please introduce yourself ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

thank you so much, at least I have an idea how long it will take for getting a visa in libya. So I have to wait few more months for my visa.

thank u so mace for corporation to me i want to go Libya and any resteurend job in that's country how will get visa attar,s prose sing knowce