STC Cell Phone Requirments

#1 02 November 2011 09:41:26

jyurong
jyurong
Riyadh

STC Cell Phone Requirments

I would really like to go to STC (I have heard the serivce is better than mobily) and get a new iphone since my US based verizon phone will not work here. What do I need to do to do this? I am currently here on a 90 day business visa while I wait for my Iqama to be processed after Eid. Do I have to have an Iqama to get on the postpaid service? I would like to get the "Premium Package" postpaid with either the 16gb or 32gb model.

#2 02 November 2011 12:27:04

TheLegendLeads

Re: STC Cell Phone Requirments

@jyurong,
I don't think they'll issue a postpaid pckg for you on a short term business visa. In my view, wait for your iqama.
But why buying iPhone from KSA? You'll miss the FaceTime which is one of the important feature of iPhone 4 and won't work on iPhone got from mobily or STC (unless you jailbreak and apply patches from Cydia).

#3 02 November 2011 12:37:01

jyurong
jyurong
Riyadh

Re: STC Cell Phone Requirments

I am a jailbreaker by nature - so I don't see any problem using the iphone here. I have had each version of the iphone since the original, except the newest iPhone 4s, and that is only because I left the US just a couple of weeks after it was released. Anyway, I guess I will have to wait a few weeks until my iqama can be processed. Thanks for the info!

Expatriate health insurance Saudi Arabia
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here
Expat banking Saudi Arabia
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Saudi Arabia
A few tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Saudi Arabia
Don't worry and travel happy across Saudi Arabia.
>> Click here