Expats who speak English ( where are you )

Hello ,, I'm really frustrated .. I've been living here in kl for 5 months and no friends till now
I'm stuck in my apartment and my husband too we really want to change this routine
Malls , cinema , walking but nothing new and no new people to hang out with
We are both 20 , he likes to play football but also have this problem that there's no one to play with
any one interested send massage and we can arrange something to do

Regards

ahhhhhhhhhh give us six months and we will be in exactly the same position :) but i cant wait lol , hope its going a bit better now

yoosha, you are 20, start hanging around some universities... I am sure you will make friends there :)

hmmmm wrote:

ahhhhhhhhhh give us six months and we will be in exactly the same position :) but i cant wait lol , hope its going a bit better now

You're from lovely Cornwall! Fresh air and great beaches...can't wait to go back next year...but only for a visit before returning to KL. I'm from near Newquay, what about you?

This is random! Hi to all on this thread. I too am from Cornwall, currently living in KL. To reply to the thread poster..I am into footie so don't mind a kickabout with hubby... Send me a pm.

Yoosha,

You need to get out of that apartment.  You're not going to meet any people there.

If your husband is serious about getting into some football, check out this: klevl.com  The Kuala Lumpur Expatriates and Veterans Football League.

I'd also suggest you start out by seeking out social events...my goodness the papers here are full of them; movies, discussions, cultural events, embassy and consulate open houses and sponsored events...if you really want to meet people, KL is one of the easiest cities in Asia to do that because there are SO MANY expatriates and organizations.

You have the internet, obviously (it's where I found the footy thing) so do a bit of homework, get the weekend newspapers and see what's on offer...and start smiling and speaking to people, in the grocery store, restaurant, coffee shop...wherever.

People are more willing to be friendly with people who are friendly to them.

Good luck.

5 months is too long to not make any friends or acquaintances.

Hey IŽm Romina and IŽm 19 years old and IŽm staying in KL now for 2 1/2 month and I have the same problem. It is great here but I havenŽt found any friends.
If you want to meet me for a drink or something please send me a reply.
Take care Romina

SAme problem ere too,  dis place is not at all an alien friendly place :D

Nothing wrong that way of life,for some people but obviously not for you.
Breaking of cultural and any other walls are difficult to get friends.
Problem is how can you approach to people to initiate  that you looking for a friends. It is tricky.

Good luck

Good luck to you.

arrange gathering!

i am a man [email protected]   i am going to klmp soon

Hi and for OP there are loads of football teams for expats in KL so just join one! Anyway at 20 years old you must be students as work permits only or over 27s in most industries except IT which is 22. So join student clubs as well!

Hello Dear,

I'm From Syria, Aleppo, i just got here recently... I'm looking for my syrians fellows around Malaysia, and i'm looking for friends too, hope we can talk sometimes, cause i feel homesick already

Hi everyone,

i have a great place to play futsall for free and not enough friends yet to do it. It is in my new condo at atmosfera.villamas.com. After a game you can swim and even go for a sauna. it will be good to meet new faces from diff parts of the world. Jamie, [email protected]

hey hi.. since we have so many people ready to connect.. why not we all arrange a get togther somewhere.. maybe we all can go for movie, or dine somewhere..

i would be interested to join in and can be reached at [email protected] or +60122744526

Hello friends, I am looking for friends in Malaysia, I am funny, kind personality, we never bored if we can share our Ideas looking for ward.  :up:

:huh: in PORT DICKSON TEL 0060173989388

Hi,this is Jeyanthi.How are you? I am very friendly and easy to mingle around.Free to call at [moderated: avoid your phone on the forum]

Will u both my brother n sister,,, I really like Syrian people... I am in KL Now ...

can we be friend /. i am in KL

Hi
My name's Maha. I moved to KL few months ago. And still I've got no friends.
I'm looking for friends. If anyone is in the same situation like me, do inbox me. :)

Hay there!

I am 21 and I am visiting KL for about 3 months. I am visiting my parents here. Where do you stay?

Hello Amal, assalamaliqum,,,, I like Syrian people , they have very  kind heart, I want to be your friend, I have some syrian friend also in KL , Malaysia.... Will you be my friend ? FIROZ

Hey hey, alles gute? Still in KL?

Same thing
And I play football if your husband arraigned a match just tell me any time
I lives in kl and I hope your routine had changed :)

Call UCSI International  School in Subang Jaya and ask for Radwan or Yusara - Radwan is from Syria and they're  both in Penang until they go back to teaching on Jan 5. Cheers Ian

Hey There

feel free to contact me if ur looking to hangout or wanna play football

cheers