International schools in Botswana - IB

Hi There

I am contemplating moving to Botswana, and just need to validate the education standard vs SA schooling at Westwood international school.

I here that the Primary school curriculum is well embedded and is fantastic, but I am not hearing similar reviews of the Middle and High school curriculum.  The website states that this curriculum is in development.

Please can someone assist by shedding some light on this.

Regards
Daya

Hi Daya,

I worked at Westwood for a few years as a british expat, and you are quite right, the primary years education there are fantastic but in the midde and high years it goes terribly wrong. I much preferred Maru-a-pula, although its very difficut to get in, the standard of education surpasses a lot of what I experienced in the UK, in fact I am busy organising the reocation (again) of my famiy due to this school.

It does say it is in development at Westwood but I would not bank on this as it has been that way for a few years now...

In terms of facilities that is the best school though, I just really love the community work that MAP makes all their students do; it literally changes their lives as they are otherwise quite privaliged kids.

Hi All,

We may be moving to Botswana next year from Mauritius.  My two son's would be 14 then and we would prefer to see them schooled in Botswana rather than a boarding school.  What are our options now, or do most people send their kids to SA or the UK for schooling?  Which school is better, Mara-a-Pula or Westwood?  The previous posts discussing this were quite some time ago.  They do enjoy competitive sports so would need a school that is not just focussed on the academic side.

Thanks for your help!:D