Longer term stay Sosua

Considering staying in Sosua (or Puerto Plata) for 3 months or possible longer
Can anyone advise on reasonably priced accommodation (furnished 1 bedroom Apt or Studio) for about $300-500 per month?

Also-If not gated community is security a problem?

Most condos have thier own security and at the price you are looking at you should be able to find a place.
I notice you are in Sosua so check out:
The Gardens
Club REsidential
Trade winds
las Cannas on the Mulata road

Bob K

I am also looking for a furnished apartment between Puerto Plata and Sosua in the 3-500.00 USD range. Or would I be better going unfurnished and getting my own ? Planner in an earlier blog said furniture was not expensive (?) I would like to rent for a year.
  I travel often so need to be close to the airport but also somewhere where I can get by without a car.
  Also my last visit to the DR was for 60 days and I got a fine at the airport in Santo Domingo when I left. How hard is it to get a long term multi entry Visa ? Thanks

You will be better off finding a place with furniture and most year rentals will  be furnished.  Still cheaper then buying your own. You should find a place for $500 with out too much  trouble.

As to the "fine" for leaving you can to to Santo Domingo and re apply for a visa each time yours expires. The exit tax for 9 months to a year is $2500 pesos (about $65 US) if you stay for a year and a day it jumps to $4000 pesos ($105 US).

You will probably spend more time and money extending your visa then it is worth.

Bob K

Thanks Bob, I think your right for a hundred bucks it is not worth worrying about.

Hi BOb are furnished places really 300-500....that would be inredable

yes you can find a place for $500 US

Bob K

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]

Hello Jpgag,

emails send to the adress posted above, are not reaching you and beeing returned :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Message to people looking for apartment in Sosua... Please check in classified for Sosua where there is apartments available in Sosua