Want to learn dutch

Hi all,

I am jordanian and am seeking to learn dutch, anyone could advise me where can I get this or if there is dutch people can teach. I can speak arabic and english

Regards

Zaher

[email protected]

I am looking for someone to teach me dutch. Preferably someone who is actually dutch. I need it to continue with my studies in Belgium. If you are interested please send me back.

Julia Naber

have you found someone to teach you dutch?

Hi Julia,

Welcome on board.

You are posting on a thread which is more then three years old and I don't think that he will respond to you.

Lucky for you I am a Dutch native so maybe I can help you.

And i am Belgian so feel free to ask if any questions arise! welcome here...

Oh yes I thought so, but I have been looking for so long and I really would like to learn dutch!! so are you willing to give me dutch classes? I love the language and I'm a fast learner :)

I will contact you in private.

I am a Dutch native speaker. Please feel free to contact me on private.

i think Dutsch language is close to German, is this right?

Yes, it is Mo.

SuzN wrote:

I am a Dutch native speaker. Please feel free to contact me on private.

Welcome on board SuzN,

I don't think you'll get a reply from the poster as she has not replied me back in private or maybe she found another way.

Primadonna wrote:

Yes, it is Mo.

so, if someone speaks Dutch, can he speak or understand Dutch?

mohdq2002 wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

Yes, it is Mo.

so, if someone speaks Dutch, can he speak or understand Dutch?

Iam quite sure he can  :lol:

Dutch do not neccessarily speak or understand German unless there is a background such as family ties, living next to the borders etc... Dutch sounds to me like broken German. Example:
Holland in German هولند
Holland in Dutch خولند
I think if both speak quickly, it's rather difficult to understand one another.

I partly agree with you. The German language is given on almost every secondary school, except  the vocational education in the Netherlands, beside some other languages like English, French and in rare cases Spanish and Latin. Strange the German don't teach Dutch.

Although I never been taught in German, I can understand and reading a bit, but no writing or speaking.

That German is being taught at schools in the Netherlands,  that I didn't know! Is it a obligatory subject? Maybe due to two strong markets and understanding each other can only be of benefit especially regarding business .

Depends on what kind of school you are going to. Benefit for both parties? Yes if the Germans looking for Dutch employees who are fluent in German, special for those who live at the borders but I never heard about Germans learn Dutch in schools.

The population of Germany is about 5 times higher than the Netherlands. Therefore I believe their Market is attractive enough to learn their language. This reminds of the music from the 50's and 60's, when lots of artists from all around the world started to sing in German for same reason with huge success, even more successful than in their home country.

ok, thanks for you both... i was in Netherlands one time, but i have not understood any thing... maybe if the German was a mother tongue will be easier to understand Dutch