What can girls do?

What can those of the female persuasion do in Riyadh? I amn't quite sure what else there is to do besides shopping and eating -- and it's no fun if one's by themselves :/

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Deestrangled,

Welcome on board, unfortunately i have been living here for the last 3 years and am asking ma self the same question ?? :( but anyway life is not that bad, try to make your own circle and community, go to gym, hangout with friends.. I believe once you start doing this, time will pass like anything and you will not feel bored any more.

Regards,
Nader

A social circle is absolutely necessary.

May be an Expat.com grouo can get together, there are activites which females can partke in (other than shopping)

eg ten pin bowling at UBC.

Desert camping/travel etc.

A lot of the girls I know tend to party!

give it time, you'll find yourself busier than usual. girls have more fun than guys here sometimes!

well i havent been in riyadh yet, but i guess u can do a girls night in...movie night or game night (monopoly or cards)... then dancing and karaoke...then sit and talk about guys and how terrible they can be , but how u cant live without them....and finally end the night with my personal favourite activity to watch ( PILLOW FIGHT).....loooooool :P

@MaserMan, that'd be bloody brilliant if I knew any girls to party with! It's not so much fun when you're partying with yourself, ken.. and that's sad :P

A social circle is necessary, so I've to build one. I understand that girls cannot be seen with those of the male persuasion who aren't related to them?

Well, same here. I'm so freak-en bored :|

I understand that girls cannot be seen with those of the male persuasion who aren't related to them? >> it all depends on where are you going to meet, if you will meet in compounds or restaurants then no issues at all

Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N Roses)

beezer wrote:

give it time, you'll find yourself busier than usual. girls have more fun than guys here sometimes!

-_-

As someone else here said, it's quite significant that you have a social life and make new friendships if you live in Riyadh. I was born here and I still get bored.

Taking up a hobby is essential if you spend so much time alone. Be it painting, photography, music, sports, etc., it can get you somewhere. There are also many classes here if you look in the right places. Cooking classes, music classes, dance classes, art classes, language classes, self-improvement classes, etc. I even had a friend who took a course in cake decorating, lol. Taking classes a great way to spend your time and to meet new friends. =)

Apart from going shopping and eating out, you can go with your female friends to theme parks, the gym, the zoo, or you can have small get-togethers at someone's house. That's what lots of girls do here. Even if they're no more than 5 girls, they will plan to meet up at one of the girls' place, turn the music on and dance. They can watch TV or a movie, bake, or play (video) games. In the past this was a burden because the hostess (usually the mother) would have to cook, but nowadays girls simply order food or buy junk food (popcorn, potato chips, all sorts of sweets, etc).

I really wished to be a girl :( they have many things to do also have more fun than us.

Mez0 wrote:

I really wished to be a girl :( they have many things to do also have more fun than us.

Oh PLEASE tell me what it is that we can do here that you can't, and don't even say go to the mall.

salahdal wrote:

Oh PLEASE tell me what it is that we can do here that you can't, and don't even say go to the mall.

He is just fantasizing.

I'm telling you one of their things they do parties every weekend as my sisters do most of weekend with their friends just girls sometimes make it at home also they booking a special tabel in one of good restaurants and they do what they want to do.:D

u should go to the us army base , and later u will thank me

Hi /Salaam bored people

We have resorted to doing a BBQ / Picnic in a different place every weekend.
We normally take plenty of food & drinks, mats, cushions, chairs and sheesha.
Please let me know if anyones interested in joining us. Its the only thing and Expat.com of course thats keeping me sane at the moment! :)

dance class ,, dnace parties gettogathers musical evnings all is here in our circle..and much  more

Thanks for starting this post!
Am hoping to be in Riyadh within the next month and not looking forward to the boredom!
Any tips on what to do for younger ladies?
Not that I don't enjoy the company of the other ladies on the compound! but they are all married and older and it quite tough for me to, relate? - I guess is the word!
Thanks guys :)

Um not all us married are oldies ... 24 here ... although to be honest I also struggle with some of the selection of women left home during the days - they are not always much fun - The bus trips talking about kids tea and ailments are driving me nuts - I just want to get to carrefour in peace dammit :blink:

Louise.Welge wrote:

Um not all us married are oldies ... 24 here ... although to be honest I also struggle with some of the selection of women left home during the days - they are not always much fun - The bus trips talking about kids tea and ailments are driving me nuts - I just want to get to carrefour in peace dammit :blink:

Wow!  Just goes to show you can't trust *impressions* on the internet.  I'd guessed you as much older, Louise--due to your good common sense and advice :)

Ja well on occassion I am 24 going 54 but definitely a baby as far as housewives seem to go out here ;)

Oo I didnt mean everyone was! hehe sorry just meant the ladies in my compound. They are lovely though of course. :P x

selma2012 wrote:

Hi /Salaam bored people

We have resorted to doing a BBQ / Picnic in a different place every weekend.
We normally take plenty of food & drinks, mats, cushions, chairs and sheesha.
Please let me know if anyones interested in joining us. Its the only thing and Expat.com of course thats keeping me sane at the moment! :)

Hey! My friends (girls and dudes) might be interested :)!

Please note that you were reacting on a very old thread and the members are maybe not active anymore.

If you want to organize something I would suggest to start a new thread.

Good luck!